Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for a fuel cell for my EB that's atleast 20 gallons.. i looked through summit but they don't have anythign that fits. there's one but it's 16 gallons. i need something that's 23x17xwhatever.. i just want atleast 20 gallons or so. can i just make my own? any place better than summit to look for one?

·
Registered
987 Posts
I seem to recall a post waay back that made reference to a supplier that had welded aluminum tanks in oddball sizes... I think they were for Bass boats or something... try Cabelas.

·
Registered
214 Posts
stockcarproducts.com has all kinds of ATL fuel cells. For instance ATLSP122B, 22 gal, 25" x 16.75" x 13.625" $565, 8 pages of them in the catalog I have. Pick up a Circle Track or Stock Car Racing magazine. They have all kinds of advertisements for places that sell that kind of stuff. Real fuel cells like the ATL's are expensive. Now a 'gas tank' made out of aluminum is probably much cheaper. All depends what you really want. You can get free catalogs from most of the places that sell oval track racing stuff. The stock car products one is about 240 pages.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I just cut the face off of my 23 gal tank cause I moved the axle back 4 inches. Welded it back together with my 110v POS flux core welder. Holding good so far with no leaks. So you could just make your own. We also used a 20 gal summit tank in the back of my buddy's bronco. works just fine. I think it was like 180 with the sender.
Jake

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
inphobic if you can get me the part number i'd be really grateful.. i take it that thing fits between the frame rails and the rear bed support where the stock main tank goes? that's where i wanna place it..i don't mind if it sticks out of the bed somewhat...

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I'm not sure that it fits the frame rails. We just tossed it in the back.

Triangle Engineering I believe will make you a tank to what ever specs you want. I say make your own.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I used a tank on an old truck that I got from a boat store. Their website is www.westmarine.com They've got some cool fuel junk there.

No financial interests in the above webpage.

Later.

Ken S.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I had sillyneck on this board make me mine. Came out excellent. Just give him the dementions and call it done.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I forget the exact dimentions but I believe it is over 30 gal. I think it cost 200 total.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You can get custom fuel cells from Areo Tanks in Corona, CA - They're not that cheap, but I understand they can be as custom as you want. I know the Rick Russle (Big deal, but hey) uses them. (909) 737-7878
http://www.aerotanks.com/

Hope that helps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts