Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK binder fellows & fellowettes...I need the P/S box for my 73 Scout II. The casting # is 7813031 1 3/16 input shaft and 1 1/4 output shaft. We have enough to keep us busy for the week but it ain't movin' until it makes circles.

I think that 73-75 may be dedicated to that year. The A-1 cardone site, who supplies NAPA, shows a R&R for this box.

Soon as my digi camera's batteries charge up (my bad) I will post pics to help you identify it in the event you do not know what the heck that box fits....the one you have been stubbing your toes on forever.

Wishful thinking :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
whats wrong with yours, y not just rebuild it or get it rebuilt

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
troutbum said:
I have box ported for hydro sellin it the ram, boregson joints and the hoses if you are interested
What do you want for the assembly?

Also, I am admittedly new to the 4x4 scene and I have heard many references to the box being ported , usually for a ram.

What is the ram used for? Something to do with rock climbing?

Tks.

Jack

·
Registered
452 Posts
rjaustin421 said:
What is the ram used for? Something to do with rock climbing?
You have a horn, right? The ram is where the horn comes from. :flipoff2:

Actually, the "ram" used with box porting is a two-way hydraulic ram, having fluid on both sides of the piston. When you turn one way, the pressure on one side of the piston increases, turn the other way, the pressure on the opposite side of the piston increases. The ram is attached to the axle housing on one end and the tie rod or steering knuckle on the other end. It is used to assist the power steering box with turning huge, heavy, locked-out, aired-down tires at slow speeds on high traction surfaces (rock).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts