Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '91 F350 4x4 dually. I want to put on 6 military tires that measure 40" x 12.50 on a 20" rim. I'm trying to stuff these on without a lift.

Looking at the front wheels, I want all the extra width to go to the outside of the rim. I'll need 4 wheels with the other 2 going to the rear inside position. Then I need the rear outside position rims to gain all the extra width on the outside (inside as compared to the fronts). I'll only be able to rotate the fronts and inside rears, but that fine.

Looking at the math,it appears I'll need about 4" spacers in the rear unless there is a better option.

I'm not having much luck finding a vendor. I can find the rims, but that company doesn't weld in the centers.

Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
14,085 Posts
Ive had some custom 20" steel wheels made by Stockton wheel. I was very happy with the whole experience.

·
Premium Member
7,110 Posts
Stazworks also makes custom 20" wheels. There are several wheel shell styles. Light truck, California style trailer and heavy duty military. Flat centers are more prone to wobble but are cheaper. I make custom wheels but only for myself and close friends. Post some pictures when you are done.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Even without seeing the truck, I can't see how you can cut away enough fender to make it work. PARTICULARLY with a deep dish those front wheels are going to swing a WIDE arc into your cab floor and fire wall if you push them out far enough to not hit your frame when turning.

That's a BIG set of tires.

Like the others said...post pictures if you manage to figure it out and try it.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Even without seeing the truck, I can't see how you can cut away enough fender to make it work. PARTICULARLY with a deep dish those front wheels are going to swing a WIDE arc into your cab floor and fire wall if you push them out far enough to not hit your frame when turning.

That's a BIG set of tires.

Like the others said...post pictures if you manage to figure it out and try it.
Meh, we put 40" Ground Hawgs on a 95 F250 with stock 250 springs and a Dana 60, then later brand new 44" TSLs before the 6" lift went in. Daily drove it like that 6" and 44s

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Meh, we put 40" Ground Hawgs on a 95 F250 with stock 250 springs and a Dana 60, then later brand new 44" TSLs before the 6" lift went in. Daily drove it like that 6" and 44s
Truck is a short WB cab & chassis F350. Rears are easy since it'll be a flatbed.
I plan to have custom springs made to locate the pin forward 2" and I may use a axle offset plate from ORD.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Truck is a short WB cab & chassis F350. Rears are easy since it'll be a flatbed.
I plan to have custom springs made to locate the pin forward 2" and I may use a axle offset plate from ORD.
Bad pic but reference nonetheless. 40x17s they run short so 38x17 is more accurate, firewall clearance was ok, too much forward gets you into the header panel. I would guess the springs were no more than 2" lift

1 - 8 of 8 Posts