Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Change is good.
37,509 Posts
PM Mustard Dog and tell him I sent you. One of the Benders makes them, I think it's Welder Boy or Aaron. MD will send you in the right direction. And don't listen to Jackoff Chicken, he never has anything useful to add.

·
Premium Member
13,814 Posts
PM Mustard Dog and tell him I sent you. One of the Benders makes them, I think it's Welder Boy or Aaron. MD will send you in the right direction. And don't listen to Jackoff Chicken, he never has anything useful to add.
I will have to Pm him---just to say hello :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
GM Alt Brackets - two sources

I bought two different ones:

One from Toolbox Guy (OEM location), $55, unused and available. Absolutely beautiful cuts and welds; it's extremely well made.

And another from Budbuilt. (passenger side), $85. This one allows you to leave OEM system alone and ADD a second alternator. This worked better for my application.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Anyone with one of these kits notice the alternator a bit movement when running. Mine seems to flex back and forth a little bit. The belt and pullys look be aligned nicely Im just getting a little flex in the long adjustment bracket. Hasnt caused any problems other then the belt coming a little loose a couple times but that could be from me powdercoating it too. I was thinking about remaking the long piece out of a little bit thicker metal

·
Always Late
943 Posts
yep just noticed that the other day too. glad there making some new original stuff :shaking:
:laughing::laughing:

Anyone with one of these kits notice the alternator a bit movement when running. Mine seems to flex back and forth a little bit. The belt and pullys look be aligned nicely Im just getting a little flex in the long adjustment bracket. Hasnt caused any problems other then the belt coming a little loose a couple times but that could be from me powdercoating it too. I was thinking about remaking the long piece out of a little bit thicker metal

Did you buy one of ours?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.