Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so ive been trying to get ahold of the toolbox guy for a gm alt bracket. but his pm box is full and left a post on his thread and no response. ive tried searching and i cant find any thing.

·
Change is good.
35,183 Posts
PM Mustard Dog and tell him I sent you. One of the Benders makes them, I think it's Welder Boy or Aaron. MD will send you in the right direction. And don't listen to Jackoff Chicken, he never has anything useful to add.

·
Change is good.
35,183 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
PM Mustard Dog and tell him I sent you. One of the Benders makes them, I think it's Welder Boy or Aaron. MD will send you in the right direction. And don't listen to Jackoff Chicken, he never has anything useful to add.
I will have to Pm him---just to say hello :D

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
for 65 bucks dam for that price you can get some junk yard chevy mounts and an 140 amp alt and cut and fab them to fit for like 30 bucks

·
Registered
4 Posts
GM Alt Brackets - two sources

I bought two different ones:

One from Toolbox Guy (OEM location), $55, unused and available. Absolutely beautiful cuts and welds; it's extremely well made.

And another from Budbuilt. (passenger side), $85. This one allows you to leave OEM system alone and ADD a second alternator. This worked better for my application.

·
Registered
7,630 Posts
Anyone with one of these kits notice the alternator a bit movement when running. Mine seems to flex back and forth a little bit. The belt and pullys look be aligned nicely Im just getting a little flex in the long adjustment bracket. Hasnt caused any problems other then the belt coming a little loose a couple times but that could be from me powdercoating it too. I was thinking about remaking the long piece out of a little bit thicker metal

·
Always Late
995 Posts
yep just noticed that the other day too. glad there making some new original stuff :shaking:
:laughing::laughing:

Anyone with one of these kits notice the alternator a bit movement when running. Mine seems to flex back and forth a little bit. The belt and pullys look be aligned nicely Im just getting a little flex in the long adjustment bracket. Hasnt caused any problems other then the belt coming a little loose a couple times but that could be from me powdercoating it too. I was thinking about remaking the long piece out of a little bit thicker metal

Did you buy one of ours?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah i just noticed yesterday that trail gear has them now.. kinda nice. i've been trying to get ahold of the other guy that makes them for about a month now. to bad for him...he lost my money lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts