• Doetsch Tech's Monotube 2.0 smoothbody

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of getting new shocks. I have narrowed it down to 3 different ones, the Bilstein 5150, the Polyperformance's BBCS-15, or the Doetsch Tech's Monotube 2.0 smoothbody. I need 15 inches of travel and want to stay in the $100 each or so price range. Of these three I am leaning towards the Doetsch Tech's because I can rebuild them if needed and can add a reservoir if needed. These will be for my trail rig which sees trails and rock crawling only, but hopefully soon will see some street time. I know I need medium valving.

My question is which of the three shocks listed above would be the best to get. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
i have had great luck running a front pair of bilstein 5150s and polyperformance shocks in the rear

·
Registered
9,898 Posts
Have had good luck with the bilsteins 5125 and had a set of 7100's that were great except the price.

·
Registered
7,630 Posts
bbcs's are the best shock I have ever run. Liked them so much they started on my toyota, then the buggy and now I bought a set for my wife's sammy

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
I really like the BBCS's. I had them all around on my last rig (leaf springs), and I have them in the rear of my new one (coil springs, with the coil valving), and I think they are the best you can buy w/o getting into the higher end shocks. I've used Bilsteins before too, but I like the BBCS better.

I've also recommended them to a bunch of other people who have really liked them too.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
BBCS's here. Leaf front, links rear.... AWSOME shock offroad. Street manners very good as well.... No regrets on the purchase although I did have to have a pair warrantied for leaking shaft seals. Poly took car of it no problem, no questions. I know others have had problems with them leaking as well but nobody (that Ive heard of) has had problems getting them taken care of which speaks well for PolyPerformance.

Id at least call Poly and talk to Dave about them. He really knows his stuff on these.

Chris:cool2:

·
Registered
196 Posts
I like the bbcs's, they work great on my rig. I have not had a problem. They are a good buy for the price and Poly will help you out if there are any problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts