Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I.R.O.C. (Nascar) idea for rock compition

Have about 15 or so EQUALLY equiped Jeep Rubicons. Invite the top teams. All for charity.
Ya I know how could we get Jeep to sponser and bring the rigs??? But wouldnt be cool to see, who the best drivers REALLY are???

Just an idea, Dan

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
not a bad idea.:cool:

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
very cool idea but i really can't see JEEP letting 15 rigs get trashed like that. it would be fun to watch though.

·
Registered
193 Posts
TEX said:
Jeep MIGHT be willing to do that provided you could do some things for them - namely, make sure the events are televised, make sure you have a LOT of events, etc, etc, etc.

TEX
Yea I agree, if someone can set it up and make it on TV, Jeep might give some Rubicons. You have some guy sittin at home seeing this Jeep doing all these hard trails and that guy not knowing its the driver goes out and gets one to try to do that hardcore stuff. Pretty good advertisement IMO

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Great Idea....

But someones been working on it for a long time already:D

More info to follow

·
Premium Member
40,287 Posts
BTW, in order for it to be a TRUE representation of 4-wheeling, you'd have to do more than just rock crawling & you'd have to have drivers from highly varied aspects of the sport (as with IROC). In other words, you need some RCAA guys, some SCORE guys, some CORR guys, and yes even some GUMBO guys :)

TEX

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
TEX said:
and yes even some GUMBO guys :)
TEX
Gumbo guys on the da ROCS, BHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
High5 said:
very cool idea but i really can't see JEEP letting 15 rigs get trashed like that. it would be fun to watch though.
I saw DC trashing twice that many Rubicons at the Rubicon last summer. :D

·
Premium Member
40,287 Posts
Big Rich said:

Gumbo guys on the da ROCS, BHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
Hey, sometimes I think some of you rock guys who like to drive with the skinny pedal missed your calling ;) Oh, don't forget, you Cal-Rocs guys would have to get muddy too. Not only does IROC go outside of NASCAR to get drivers, they also don't do all their racing on ovals :idea:

TEX

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I think they'd need tires bigger than 31"....

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
TEX said:

Hey, sometimes I think some of you rock guys who like to drive with the skinny pedal missed your calling ;) Oh, don't forget, you Cal-Rocs guys would have to get muddy too. Not only does IROC go outside of NASCAR to get drivers, they also don't do all their racing on ovals :idea:

TEX
MUDDY.....now wait a minute.

I just finally got the Texas mud off the cherokee, from my visit there 2 weeks ago.

We like the water just not the MUD. It gets everywhere.

:D

Rich

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Camo and Rich were working at a toy buggy class with very limited mods alowed. Not the same but still realy cool.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
A fabricator friend of mine who used to work on pro SCORE trucks had an idea like this. It would be basically a spec rockcrawling competition in which all of the vehicles are nearly identical. You must use a predetermined chassis and suspension, and get all your parts from 1-3 sources. That way it would be only the driver and spotter team's abilitys which dictate the winner. It would be a truly Driver's competition. Anyone with enough $$$ could enter, but if they don't have driver skill, they won't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning.

As much as I disdain NASCAR, this would be set up in much a similar fashion. I think a setup like that would be hugely successful.

Now, if only we could be the sole chassis provider, we would be in the $$$$$. :flipoff2:

What do you guys think of an idea like that? What if you could rent a spec truck, and compete for big money?

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
McSoo said:
I think they'd need tires bigger than 31"....
With a 4" lift they can run 35's.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
They used to supply 30 new YJs a year when they were doing the Jeep Cup Rallies.....
can be done if the manufacturer can pony up the $$.

Jay

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just talk jeep into supplying a chassis with no interior, sport bar, t-case, suspension or axles. Make the t-case, and axles open and limit lift. I dont know if you would need to restrict suspension setups or not. Just outlawing forced articulation should be enough.
I would think that alot of people would buy a stripped down TJ chassis if the price was right.
If jeep dosent want to do it then just have the Bruiser class and Poision spyder could have the buisness.
I think the easiest way to level the field is the limit height, tire size, HP (restrictor plates :) ), Wheel base, width, basically everything that effects the way a rig will go up the trail. Then you have NASCAR rockraceing.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts