Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove by an old scout for sale the other day - body looked to be in 'good' shape and it was a SWB with a metal half-top on it. Called the guy tonight and he told me that it was a 1961 with a 4 cylinder engine and it ran when he drove it into his driveway. It's been there for a couple of years, and the last time he tried to start it he couldn't get any fuel to the carb (fuel pump??) He also said it had some minor rust (including the drivers rocker panel) and that it was originally a 2Wd but 'had been converted' to a 4wd.:confused:

Anyway, he's asking $500. I thought if there were any scout fans in the Denver area (Littleton) they could PM me and I'd give them the phone number. You may be able to get the price down some and have a decent frame and body to start building on!

(BTW, I thought about getting it myself, but I already have half my garage taken up with another project that I'm making suprisingly little headway on :( )

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Close to Southwest Plaza. The scout was in a driveway on Lowell Boulevard between Belleview and Bowles - on the west side of the street.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
There is also a really nice I-H pickup out where I live. Its at least a 3/4 if not a 1 ton, Looks like a 60 rear and 44 front,5 speed and 392 with a snow plow for $2,200 I believe. Looks well worth the money. :)

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Spaceman said:
Close to Southwest Plaza. The scout was in a driveway on Lowell Boulevard between Belleview and Bowles - on the west side of the street.
REALLY! I live off of Kipling and 285 (Hampden) Have you been to any of the colorado4x4 meet-n-greets??

Give me a ring some time 303-987-3467 we'll talk trucks and mybe do some wheeln this summer!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts