Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, flame suit on...

you guys just helped me out w/ my problem w/ lots and lots of slop in my shifter... no matter what gear im in it goes back and fourth all the way either way... you guys told me what my problem was and the part number...

anyway i deleted the post like u guys advised, but after i saved the web page i can't print it out.... can u guys help me again

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know ur guna flame me, but i don't even know what the problem is.. i mean i knwo the PROBLEM but not what is causing it... ill chk the sites.. se if it describes ne thing

·
Registered
343 Posts
newbie to newbie flame

Hey Jeepman 784,
I think some of those addys Deepmud provided also tell you
what to do if the "engine check" light comes on.;)

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
just the Bolt TRM5350 $2.50 Shipping wt. 1 lbs. from petroworks
or do tune up on both shifters for $29.00
with this from petroworks:D

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
worst problem is the bolt - I had two trannies with it broken and it still shifted - sorta'. I made a new bolt on the bench grinder. Good as new ( well as far as I know:flipoff2: ) and no waitin for shipping - if you have the correct metric bolt to grind down:D .

Hey Newbies!! Newbie is all relative - I have been around this board a couple years - since changing my login name and losing status (90 posts in a year and half ) - it has taken what is for me diarrea of the mouth to ring up 45 posts in a couple months!! Heck, I think have had my Samuai longer than the Pirate Board has existed(shows how slow I mod things hehehe).
And :eek: :eek: :eek: there are even some Zukers who don't Net-surf yet know how to rock!!:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I made a new bolt with a disk grinder.:D

·
Registered
600 Posts
Heres the deal its a $1.45 at your local suzuki dealer and IF they dont have then in stock which they should since this is a common problem its called a (shift locater pin) I have gone through 5 of them in the last 8 months and my local dealer knows me by my first name. I keep a spare in the ashtray in case i shear one off along the trail. when you replace this pin make sure you get the non threaded broken part out and DO NOT let in fall into the trans or you will have a time bomb i had one fall in and i was too lazy to fish it out with a pen magnet and 3 days later i was climbing up a steep rutty hill and kerchink ZZZZZip and there was a protrusion out of the side of the trans and broken gear...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts