Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got this in on trade working on a new project.
Going to cut the front fenders off and do some flat fenders on it
dana 60s probably some 44 swampers
dont know if i want to do a tube frame or not

needs kids seats in back
i have a 4 cylinder Mercedes diesel i am thinking for it

new cage

want it to be streetable

·
Registered
75 Posts
defiantly a cj-6:smokin:, is the tub fiberglass?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its all fiber glass i thought the cj6 door openings are smaller

i dont know what direction to go with it

with all the family stuff i don't get to go on big trips any more
all there is to do around here is sandy trails and mud

i could leave it with the 10bolts put some 40s on it and i got the 4 cyl Mercedes diesel and ride and i can take it down the street and to the local shooting spot
take the kids to school

or put rockwells under it big tractor tires sbc 4 link and take it to trail ride and mud hole

or put some dana 60s 4 link 44s new tube frame make it a 6-8 month project new cage were i can go rock crawling 12 hrs away 1 time a year and some trail rides

·
Registered
266 Posts
By looking at the windshield, its a early 70's cj5....The rear part of the door opening is cj5 as well....Looks like they stretched it in the door sill area. I call it a CJ5.5... CJ6 door openings are the same as a CJ5.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
By looking at the windshield, its a early 70's cj5....The rear part of the door opening is cj5 as well....Looks like they stretched it in the door sill area. I call it a CJ5.5... CJ6 door openings are the same as a CJ5.
This. A CJ6 has the same rear overhang as a 5 so there isn't really any chance of bobbing it. This thing has all its length added in the door. Pretty cool to build either way.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i cut the cage out and took the body off the frame i am going to get some 2x4 steel tomorrow to make a new frame

i think the final decision on it is a cool cage Mercedes diesel dana 60s 42 or 44 swampers yj leafs rock ram keeping it simple i tend to over complicate things then it turns in to a long project i want to have it finished in 2 months

around a 115 wheel base

1 - 10 of 10 Posts