Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, I think I got fucked again! Got the 60's and it looks like the front is from a dually!!!! The WMS is even with the end of the hubs. Sounds like a dually to me! Shit!

It may not be horrible. I was planning on running Hummer rims and re-backspacing them to make up for the extra width (going under an EB). But what about the rear? Do I need to look for a dually rear now (I haven't uncrated the rear yet) to match? Are there problems with running these? Are they stronger/weaker?

Can I change out the rotor/hub on the front and make it into a SRW axle? FUCK!

-Jack

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
the only differeince is the wheel hub... easily changeable to single wheel

if the rear is a dually it's only 63in wide... dually rear's are hella narrow!

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, this thing is solid rust anyway and needs to be replaced. So I can order a SRW hub/rotor, a couple of bearings and be good to go? Will the internal hubs work?

-Jack

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Yes you can change out the hub and rotor with single wheel stuff or run stock Hummer rims. Either way you arn't that fawked. It is also not that uncommon for people on the wanted board to be looking to trade you SRW for DRW. Do a search there and see.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool. The thing I kind of like about it is that the hubs are flush. But I'm going to go with Dean's new centers, so w/ 5" of backspacing, that shouldn't be a problem. Thanks!

-Jack

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
You can get brand new SRW hubs from Six States Distributing for something like 170 each;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Dually Cab and Chassis rears are real narrow,Dually pickups and cube vans are extra wide.

·
Registered
324 Posts
you got 900 something post and dont know the answer to this question that is asked every day, or dont know how to use the search button. also when you ty to search look at how to convert the dually hubs to SRW hubs. also search for the ultimate dana 60 article, or massive dana 60 article it will tell you how to do it in there and every other piece of information then some on that axle. it will be easier for you to go to SRW width, makes everything easier to swap for in the future if you make changes.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
DSI said:
the only differeince is the wheel hub... easily changeable to single wheel

if the rear is a dually it's only 63in wide... dually rear's are hella narrow!
the dually rears I have seen are wider then stock! dually wheels have crazy ass backspacing but the inner wheel has single wheel track width requiring a wide ass rear axle. Cab and chassis trucks have narrower rears however and I'm guessing this is what has you confused

1 - 11 of 11 Posts