Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 wrangler, with a hard top and i was looking to trade someone for a soft top in good shape... well i found one.. i went over there, we put it on and everything matched up perfectly, except the doors! it had a good sized gap between the door suround and the door?... is there a solution to this, or do i need to find a 97 soft top?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know

i know its an uneven trade but i just wanted a soft top fast and i wanted to be able to be picky... i could sell it for about $700 im sure but it would be a pain, and pluss i just joined the club and i dont want to take anybodies money.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i know im gettin ripped off, but hell, im glad i didnt sell my hard top because i found out that the soft top didnt fit... i dont know what your not supposed to say on this board but .......i would have been up shit creek

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
damn here in FLorida a hard top is worth $450 in great condition....and a softtop is worth the same in gtreat condtion..where are yall..i could buy up som e here and sell cheap where you are... I think if the soft top is in perfect condition you got a good deal

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
im not familiar with TJ stock softtops ive run supertops always but ill throw it out there...

are you sure you got a stock top or an aftermarket top
i know that supertops dont even use door surrounds

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
damn here in FLorida a hard top is worth $450 in great condition....and a softtop is worth the same in gtreat condtion..where are yall..i could buy up som e here and sell cheap where you are... I think if the soft top is in perfect condition you got a good deal
maybe cuz it doesnt snow down their :flipoff2:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wow yall are awsome...... so it seems like the verdict is that i need a plastic part that goes between the door surround and the door?.... does everybody agree?.. and to the person who said that they took a 04 soft top and put it on a 97, are you sure that nothing extra was put on before you got it? thanks for yals help

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
........and i should also say that when i said gap i was talkin about maybe an inch to an inch and a half... no more than 1.5, more like 1" or less

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
thanks, i looked at them.. the top had door surrounds, im not sure what yal are saying i need, is there something that goes between the door surround and the door? (gap is between door surround and door)

·
Banned
215 Posts
Full doors or half on your Jeep? Did his have full or half? Where's the picture of the problem?

*Nobody is saying there is anything to go between your door and it's surrounds, they were initially saying that you needed the surrounds.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts