Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the Superchips Micro Tuner for my tow rig and boosted the HP by 80 and the torque by 130 lbs. To help move the air in and out, I put in a 4" exhaust and some gauges to keep an eye on everything.

You can go to my web site to check out the pics if you're interested. This thing hauls ass now! What a rush... :beer:

·
Hophead
77,670 Posts
Looks good....you ever going to go wheeling again? :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
If it's not sponsered by Jeep Jambo Ray won't go ;0)

Quit playing with that oil burner and hit the trails.

MT

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Is that a cat back or a full system? I looked on Sumit and it says catback but it shows the down pipe. I suppose I will call and find out also. Also how good does the paint match the interior color? The ones that are factory matched in color are alot more.

Thanks Toddy

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MT said:
If it's not sponsered by Jeep Jambo Ray won't go ;0)

Quit playing with that oil burner and hit the trails.

MT
Awww, now that's just not right... A buddy of mine from work did all this to his super duty and I just had to do it to mine. I need to be able to run 80mph while pulling those Jeeps! :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ToyToddy said:
Is that a cat back or a full system? I looked on Sumit and it says catback but it shows the down pipe. I suppose I will call and find out also. Also how good does the paint match the interior color? The ones that are factory matched in color are alot more.

Thanks Toddy
Hey Toddy, this IS a turbo back system. You can see it online at Summit. The part number is SUM-680002. I was skeptical about the description too. So I called and spoke with a rep and purchased on the phone with him.

The plasti-kote buckskin 419 is actually a little lighter than the factory parchment color. It's not so different that it stands out, but you can tell they are different if you put them side-by-side. I'm not that particular about it, as long as it's not BLACK. Which is the color that it comes in.

Hope this helps!
Ray

·
Registered
704 Posts
Get ready for your service engine soon light to come on for overboost and the injector control module. I take mine back to stock once a month just to see why I put up with the SES..Enjoy:D

·
Registered
704 Posts
Tx4x4Fun said:
Oh yeah, the SES light came on with the first test drive! I'm gonna set it to the 60HP setting before I tow this weekend. I'll be curious to see how different it is.
Not very much, watch your pyro when you tow or drive WFO let off or down shift if it gets above 1200. The 60hp program's not really a tow safe mode.
Enjoy your truck:D

·
Registered
195 Posts
Anybody need Cummins uprate kits? the 24 valve has a remote control inside the cab up to 120hp and 360 ft/lbs! I also sell Ford and Chevy stuff. E-mail me I don't want to USE the board.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Domenic said:

The 60hp program's not really a tow safe mode.
Enjoy your truck:D

why :confused: i've been towing with an 80hp for 5 months now, up to 20k total weight, never yet got the pyro over 1000 and have ran it hard!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I just got my muffler cut off today and replaced with a pipe. I can tell a bit of difference in it, it seems to spool a little quicker. I also ordered teh Pyro and boost guages so I can tow and know what my truck is doing.

I have a Bully dog chip and they said they can program it not to set off the light. Mine is just the 50 hp chip.

Toddy

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Toddy, Where did you get your gauges?

I towed for the first time tonight. I was towing a 24' flatbed gooseneck (empty). The truck runs great even with a load. Was able to get on the freeway at 80mph without any problems! :D

That's pretty cool that they program your chip to keep the SES light from coming on. Mine comes on everytime I romp on it. (25psi sets it off) I plan on getting a blow-off valve that will help that problem.

You need to do that "ram air" trick that I did. It was so simple! I can't believe that Ford doesn't do that from the factory!

Later,
Ray

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
be careful with the pyro being mounted post turbo..... the temps arent as accurate as pre turbo. Pre turbo you dont want to exceed 1250 or so on a powerstroke, but post theres only a ballpapark range of 6-900 for post. There have been a few guys who had both pre and post set up and they reported pre 1200 with the post being anywhere from 6-900...so jus tbe careful....dont want ya to destroy that turbo of yours:D

·
Registered
704 Posts
DSI said:

why :confused: i've been towing with an 80hp for 5 months now, up to 20k total weight, never yet got the pyro over 1000 and have ran it hard!
If your egt's are that low with the 80hp program and towing 20k's you might want to check your fuel filter. More fuel and boost equal more heat. The trucks stock towing will get to 1000 pulling a steep grade, pushing it hard:confused:

·
Visa Master
2,320 Posts
Watch that spare tire, a buddy of mine ran his exhaust on a chevy pickup with a measly 305 farther than that and it started melting the tire, now he's got a spare with a nice concave impression in it from the heat....

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Domenic said:

If your egt's are that low with the 80hp program and towing 20k's you might want to check your fuel filter. More fuel and boost equal more heat. The trucks stock towing will get to 1000 pulling a steep grade, pushing it hard:confused:

she get's fuel :D filter's changed every 5k along with the oil, i've got a 4in downpipe and no muffler...

i've also got no knock, no cackle, no LL8 injector :D and a little adjustment to the fuel delivery system to get rid of the airation in the fuel :D

all the fuel mod's could have been done in 4 hours if i actually worked straight through rather than be slow lazy and, well it's cold out!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts