Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
well thanks on the wire size info. I got everything wired up and used it today and it just straight up kicks ass!! I love it. Best 780 dollars i ever spent!! I can actually make stuff now!! Next up is a plasma cutter. A cheap one tho. Was reading about the GIANTTECH plasma cutters in the for sale section..... $400 could use it till it poops out at least..

Use the hell out of it, it's covered by warranty for the 1st 3 years.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have the 180, love it. Shouldn't need to go bigger unless your doing it hardcore and for a living, in which case cost isn't nearly as much of a concern

·
Registered
37 Posts
I work as a welder for a local shop here. I bought a Thermal Arc 190 Fabricator for $840 at West Air. At work I run a Miller Matic 225, and theres very little difference in welding quality. I recomend it, it will burn up to 1/2" plate.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need a welder as i only have small two 110 lincoln welders that are just good for small junk (procore 100, 115-it was free). Okay so i need a big one to weld big junk like 3/16, 1/4" and so on...
I went to the local welding supply shop and they are running a sale on all the welders at the moment. I am considering the Miller 180 and the Miller 212. But am leaning to the 180...

They have the 180 at $780 and the 212 at $1500. I am a beginner welder as i barely know what im doing. I mean i have made some crap like driveshafts and stuff with my little lincoln 100 that have held up fine. But i need to make some brackets and all kind of stuff for my jeep and want a big welder. Any input???
I have one for sale for a grand brand new.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts