Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody got some junk passenger side steering arms laying around? i would Perfer 76-78 cruiser pattern, but anything will do. thanks a lot!

-Max

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
out of 63 of you nobody has one? cmon...help a brotha out :cool:

·
Registered
344 Posts
I've got one from a '70, but shipping would probably kill the deal. :fj:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I'LL HAVE ON FOR YA SOMEWHERE BETWEEN 2 WEEKS AND A MONTH FROM NOW, IF YOU STILL NEED IT

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Zipp said:
I've got one from a '70, but shipping would probably kill the deal. :fj:
shipping is free...if you just box it, i can get it picked up from your house. also, its a passenger side one right? i need a passenger on to make a double steering arm.

btw, thanks fixah and butch....if brandon falls thru, i will let ya know!

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
I've seen welded ones break......recently in fact.
Be safe......
JT outfitters has them cheap.
Butch

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
texican said:
Be safe......
Butch
thanks for the concern, but i, or my father will not be welding it. my dad's best friend owns a welding business, and well it wouldnt be a big deal for him to weld it...and weld it right ;)

·
Registered
734 Posts
texican said:
Be safe......
Butch
Buying that cheap double-steering arm from JTO is not any cheaper than the infamous Aqualu arm and is just barely cheaper than SOR's hy-steer arms (which would get your tie rod up, up, and away) and the amount of $$ needed for any of those purchases is pretty much half-way to a complete hy-steer kit from all-pro offroad (and probably other places as well). There are plenty of options out there to purchase...

McGee, sorry, I don't have one for ya....just had to add my two cents...

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
ninetimesnine said:
...SOR's hy-steer arms (which would get your tie rod up, up, and away) and the amount of $$ needed for any of those purchases is pretty much half-way to a complete hy-steer kit from all-pro offroad ...
Sorry... these won't fit a pre-79 axle....:D

Does anyone make a hy-steer setup for the pre-79 axle yet? I know a few dudes have fabbed up their own but I need some bulk type stuff....:D I have a couple of customers wanting some...;)

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
cruiseroutfit said:
Sorry... these won't fit a pre-79 axle....:D

Does anyone make a hy-steer setup for the pre-79 axle yet? I know a few dudes have fabbed up their own but I need some bulk type stuff....:D I have a couple of customers wanting some...;)
Rockbuggysupply.com can supply you with pre-79 arms. There was a thread about them the other day. You even posted in it! :flipoff2: :D

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115796

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
rustycruiser said:
.... You even posted in it! :flipoff2: :D
Holy shit... I did....:eek:

I told you someone was making them... stop listening to what I say and start listening to what I mean...;)

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I still have one from a 60 series if that will do. If you are solid on fabbing one up, if you use your stock arm for the bottom and the 60 for the top you should be fine. Check out woody's site in the links section I believe it's the All-Pro Off-Road.com link Jim B something that shows picts and directions for fabbing one up. good luck! Shipping would probably be aorund $20 I guestimate...

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
dieselcruiserhead said:
I still have one from a 60 ...
Dude save that for me... I ahve some drum brake shit that he can use for his home-made arm...;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got a vintage 1978 one!!! ;)

Oh...wait....it's on my rig. Sorry, Mr McGee!! :rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts