Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or anybody else up in the North-East bay? My friend with his M1 might be comin with me, and I'm going to be headin up north on Monday possibly. We might stop on the way and do some riding.

What's the best place out there? I heard of a DS track (if it's disclosed, please PM me). Maybe Mount Diablo? Not quite sure what we have on our minds yet.

Slug, are you down to come out? Don't know if you have next week off or not.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: ill be home

dirtdirt99 said:
i like going up hills too though =]
Ya, so go ride with that crazy mofo, Leonel ;)

I still can't believe that single speed stuff.. he was burnin you all too wasn't he? :flipoff2:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Don't even question that, of course I am down to ride. And yeah I have next week off............I want to go out to pacifica. Carpool sounds good, let me know when and where.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Slug, I'm goin to wait until my friend can get out to run off to Pacifica. We'll have a nice little group goin then.

Practice I'm not sure about.. I think I'll just go to race for fun. Don't have money to make two trips or just hang out there.. I guess we'll see what happens. You can let me know how the course is :D

As fer the rig.. it's confidential. Let me just say that I'll have no excuse for being a pansy anymore :rolleyes: <sigh>

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yo guys, I'm very down to ride next week. Possibly Wed or Fri. Those are pretty much the times off I have. I know of three ds tracks up around where I am. One I'm pretty sure is destroyed, another is rideable but short and in pretty bad shape, the last is Sand Hill in Brentwood. Other than that, I'd love to show you guys around Briones. It's a long uphill walk, but the dh is very worth it, if not Berkeley always works. Ask Slug on how he liked it. Ummm, I don't know too much on Diablo but if anyone would be down I'm sure we could ride the firetrails that I do know about from the top to the bottom. Nothing really technical but fast fo sho. If I ever get another bike off the ground or fix my pipeline up enough I'd be very down to show all of you areound Las Trampas which has awesome riding all over. But yea, lets ride guys.

-Ian

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wednesday or Friday.... hm, I'll see what I can work out. I'll be building my rig tomorrow, and then I've got to get used to it... it's going to be strange going from 0" in the rear to 7"+ :eek:

·
Registered
759 Posts
sirachi, are you going to be done with it tommorrow? We should hook up and test the new rig out. :D
ianbike, how about sandhill on wednesday? I was going to make a trip out there today but it was real wet so it would have been no good. But yeah how about wednesday? What time would be good? (I have spring break so whenever) Sirachi, are you down for sandhill? - full suspensions are real easy to get used to;)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
slug said:
sirachi, are you going to be done with it tommorrow? We should hook up and test the new rig out. :D
ianbike, how about sandhill on wednesday? I was going to make a trip out there today but it was real wet so it would have been no good. But yeah how about wednesday? What time would be good? (I have spring break so whenever) Sirachi, are you down for sandhill? - full suspensions are real easy to get used to;)
I'm not sure slug. This time I'm going to take my time, everything has to be precise. No more rushing into projects anymore.

If I'm ready, I'll give you a call. Probably going to be a light run at waterdog or something. Sandhill sounds fun. I'll have to check with my friend on that.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Sandhill aint exactly the best place for dh pigs tho. If anyones got a ds bike, or a spare for me it'd be good times. Sirachi, what bike u building up?? If you want a nice relaxing dh day we could just do one or two big shuttle runs on Diablo. There aren't any jumps or drops that I know of, just nice fast hills to ride down which'll let you get used to how your rig feels at speed and in the corners.

-Ian

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ianbike said:
Sandhill aint exactly the best place for dh pigs tho. If anyones got a ds bike, or a spare for me it'd be good times. Sirachi, what bike u building up?? If you want a nice relaxing dh day we could just do one or two big shuttle runs on Diablo. There aren't any jumps or drops that I know of, just nice fast hills to ride down which'll let you get used to how your rig feels at speed and in the corners.

-Ian
Hmm. No good huh? I'll see if I can make it to diablo. Gotta see what's goin on at home.

Pics to come of my new rig :D

·
Registered
759 Posts
Well change of plans. I found this secret spot by my house where we are building jumps. I am going to be working on them all day tommorrow. Lets do DMC on wednesday and sandhill on thursday. Ian are you down for dmc? it would be rad on your balfa.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hmm.. I'll run it over with my friend. I'm planning to borrow my neighbor's trailer tomorrow so we can just put it in there and carpool up there, what do you think?

·
Registered
759 Posts
dmc is in belmont, right above carlmont high. It is a shuttle run with everything from singletrack to djs to steeps to cliff drops.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts