Pirate 4x4 banner

161 - 180 of 334 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
i saw one of these rigs rolling down the 91 freeway yesterday as i was heading to JV for some testing with a customer. now my customer thinks he wants a new IBEX chassis .... would there happen to be anyone in the riverside/oc area with one of these rigs by chance?
Uh, this guy:p

Today we ran Outer Limits, Spooner Canyon, Chocolate Thunder, Claw Hammer and Wrecking bar. The IBEX climbs really well. Really impressed with it!

·
Savvy Off Road
3,954 Posts
i saw one of these rigs rolling down the 91 freeway yesterday as i was heading to JV for some testing with a customer. now my customer thinks he wants a new IBEX chassis .... would there happen to be anyone in the riverside/oc area with one of these rigs by chance?
I have a chromo chassis in stock. Well on a pallet! That was me on the 91. The IBEX is located in Corona.

·
Vendor
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
Just curious, but how do you get your tranny/engine out if it's all welded in? Cut the welds?
The engine comes out the top, trans out the bottom. There's just one tube over the engine, you can put a tube clamp like shown below on either side to remove the tube. Same goes for the trans cross tube

Attachments

·
Vendor
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
Still working on finishing up the details like, radiator mount, steering column, brake pedal, etc. I have about 90% of the complete chassis kits done and in stock. Here are a few of the newest parts I make for the Ibex chassis.

Radiator mount: fits an off the shelf HD Griffin Radiator

Attachments

·
Vendor
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Revised the fire wall panel, pushed the driver foot well out 6" for more leg room and integrated the orbital and easy master cylinder bracket

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,677 Posts
Can I ask why the rear was just left square? Looks just like a box stuck there.

Overall that's a impressive kit. I'm tempted every time I look at them, but 110" is a bit long. Like the 3 seat option though..

·
Savvy Off Road
3,954 Posts
I didn't see it posted in this thread...but does the chassis allow for easy removal and installation of the engine/tranny?
Yes, the front crossover bar is removalable. The sheet metal inside it the best part of the IBEX. It can easily be removed to get to the trans and Tcase.

161 - 180 of 334 Posts