Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy,
i am in need of some longer lug studs for the front and rear. i am not running rear disc brakes on stock sammi axles. the real bad problem is now i can get my rims back on the axles. also i am running ultra rims with a 2" backspacing and need studs that at least 1/2" longer. and does anyone know where i can get them?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
You should be able to get studs anywhere (including longer ones, I would think :confused: ) . Have you tried the parts store, wheel and tire shop, etc? Can't be that hard.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i ask because i have tried. and i run into little high school kids and poeple who only have exceptions. so i ask to find out if anyone here has had this problem, or might have a place they know that have the damn things. i don't know about you, but i hate to run around town trien to find parts. oh, and just to get to the nearest auto parts store its a 37 mile drive one way. so here is the problems i ran into yesterday.
i went to auto zone, and the retard behind the counter told me that they only sell vehicle spec parts only and do not have cross refs. went to napa and the lady behind the counter told me to come back on thursday, because her and the the other guy behind the counter had just started working there and did not know how to cross-ref. went to advance and they "only carry stock lug studs".

·
Registered
17,975 Posts
jimzuki said:
i ask because i have tried. and i run into little high school kids and poeple who only have exceptions. so i ask to find out if anyone here has had this problem, or might have a place they know that have the damn things. i don't know about you, but i hate to run around town trien to find parts. oh, and just to get to the nearest auto parts store its a 37 mile drive one way. so here is the problems i ran into yesterday.
i went to auto zone, and the retard behind the counter told me that they only sell vehicle spec parts only and do not have cross refs. went to napa and the lady behind the counter told me to come back on thursday, because her and the the other guy behind the counter had just started working there and did not know how to cross-ref. went to advance and they "only carry stock lug studs".

1989 Ranger has studs that are about 1/2" longer, Sammy lug nuts will thread on, but feel a little loose while threading them, so obviously the pitch must be minutely different.

But if you were going to replace the studs, you might as well replace the lug nuts as well, right?

I have no idea about the knurl pattern/shoulder diameter, but it just may work.....

Might not hurt to at least buy one to compare eh?

Don't haunt me if you die in a horrible flaming wreck :flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
most reputale tire companys can get what you need i purchaced 3" long racing studs from local tire and wheel co. for my toyota or if you can find out what size they are try looking at circle trac web sites like day motor sports:D

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
howdy,
i desided to drill out the rims and use some mag nuts. and i searched the dorman cataloge and came up with nothing as long as i needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.