Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I'm helping out a buddy of mine who is building a Series II. He's new to Rovers and I'm a Cruiserhead, so I'm coming to you for help. He's looking to confirm whether this truck is Conniston (sp?) Green or Bronze Green, and whether anyone has a paint code for this color that can be used at a US paint store?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
494 Posts
looks a little bright to be Conniston green.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Looks like Trident Green...same color that's on my 110. I had paint mixed at a DuPont auto paint store from a sample and it was no problem as they were able to come up with a listing. I'll see if I can track down the number.

·
Registered
379 Posts
that is coniston green, same as my 90.standard colour for Euro base models. hang slack and i'll find the paint code.

paint code for conniston green is LRC419

for a touch-up paint stick, it's part # RTC 5981T, and for an aerosol can RTC 5981A

cheers

Jamie

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot, guys, I really appreciate the help! I'll pass it on. From what I've been researching, Conniston Green seems to change a *lot* depending on the light in which you see it. Does that make sense?

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
60seriesguy said:
Thanks a lot, guys, I really appreciate the help! I'll pass it on. From what I've been researching, Conniston Green seems to change a *lot* depending on the light in which you see it. Does that make sense?
FWIW...green is one of the hardest colors to deal with. It is the main reason why the US Treasury uses it to print the US currency with...it's the hardest to reproduce correctly, thus hardest to counterfeit.

I know that when I had the paint mixed for my 80-inch, Centari in spray cans, that even from the top of the can to the bottom the color would change, even no matter how much I re-mixed the can I was using.

I had a certain color Bronze Green that would go on until the can was just under half-empty, then it would shift and go lighter. Would drive me mad when I was painting it.

Anyway, your observations about green paint sound pretty consistent.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Definitely not trident green - trident green has more of a blue/grey look to it. The photo is a bit deceiving though.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Diesel Jim said:
that is coniston green, same as my 90.standard colour for Euro base models. hang slack and i'll find the paint code.

paint code for conniston green is LRC419

for a touch-up paint stick, it's part # RTC 5981T, and for an aerosol can RTC 5981A

cheers

Jamie

NOPE!!!

Not Conniston green at all!
my '95 disco is Conneston..have a look!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/androbus/detail?.dir=7c53&.dnm=800b.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/androbus/detail?.dir=7c53&.dnm=17a8.jpg&.src=ph

see! even the paint codes are different!! :confused:

STC1348A aerosol
STC1348T touch-up
I can't see Land-Rover using two different paint colours and calling them both Conneston
Paul

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
60seriesguy said:
Guys, I'm helping out a buddy of mine who is building a Series II. He's new to Rovers and I'm a Cruiserhead, so I'm coming to you for help. He's looking to confirm whether this truck is Conniston (sp?) Green or Bronze Green, and whether anyone has a paint code for this color that can be used at a US paint store?

Thanks in advance!
oh! and whatever the colour is?? I'm interested. I like it as a possible colour for a hybrid in the future.....waaay in the future.
I have this thing for green rovers, but three out of four series have been bronze green, and with the conniston gr disco and whatrever the slightly custom colour of the LWB, it may e time for a new colour somewhere...hmm!

Paul

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
They are the same conniston green.

Paul and that D90. They look different in the pics but they are the same.

Best color: Java Green or for the bling people Tonga Green (05 RR color, I liked it but my wife ended up with the Pink 04 RR instead)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
evilfij said:
They are the same conniston green.

Paul and that D90. They look different in the pics but they are the same.

Best color: Java Green or for the bling people Tonga Green (05 RR color, I liked it but my wife ended up with the Pink 04 RR instead)
d-90??? my eyes musta been decieving me these daze....it looks kinda looooooong and has exra doors. :D

by the way, RON? you owe me some curent images of the dormie!

and an image of the pink 04! PINK? is she still selling the beasts? what are you doing these daze as yo are obviously doing good!

paul(still poor while starting up the new custom jeweler/designer business. I wish I could bue Elisa a 04 rangie!!!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts