Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
still trying to figure out where these rear springs come from.
I'm 99.32% certain the fronts are all-pros, but would-be buyers have been understandably leery since I can't confirm what the rears are, and they are definetly not all-pro's. the P/O of the vehicle indicated they were "custom". I don't know if that means they were special order Alcans or of he built them out of odd leaves of mazda packs. the leaves look too consistent to be a home-brew.

specs:
5" lift. like the front,
52" long
8 leaf
bolt-type spring pack clamps.

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
First guess is Mazda's with the 52" length and 8 leaf pack that is what mine are and the spacing looks very similar.

edit: The 5" lift is kinda throwing me though, I dont think mazda's give that much lift.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Joker said:
First guess is Mazda's with the 52" length and 8 leaf pack that is what mine are and the spacing looks very similar.

edit: The 5" lift is kinda throwing me though, I dont think mazda's give that much lift.
it was my understanding that stock mazda's gave you 2" if you were lucky, and Ive got a loades Stout Industries rear tire carrier and bumper.
I thought maybe an aftermarket mazda lift spring, but with 8 leaves?

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
Here is my set up

this is with 33" on and 36" ready to put on and my spotter. I dont think I got 5" of lift but forgot to measure before and after. Edit: forgot to mention I have a 2" body lift.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so if they're maza springs, how are the 4x4wire and the Jay K write-up calling out 2-2.5? this will be an irritant to me ,as I was conting on using stock mazda's in the rear and YJ's in the front to pull my 4runner down from 5" of lift to ~2".

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
Sundowner said:
so if they're maza springs, how are the 4x4wire and the Jay K write-up calling out 2-2.5? this will be an irritant to me ,as I was conting on using stock mazda's in the rear and YJ's in the front to pull my 4runner down from 5" of lift to ~2".
I agree with you and dont think it gives more than 2.5 max and that is why I figure I may need to either put in blocks or possible swap in some leaves from my all pro set I have laying around for some extra arch.

I forgot to mention I have 2" body life on mine that may be why at least my pictures are looking taller.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
i got these spring packs from a buddy of mine that he had on his 4runner. im not to sure what all springs that he used in the pack. the 5" includes the shackles.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
good eye 4crawlR, I didn't even notice the front spring clamp.

edit: looked at the full-size of the pic I posted and saw the anti-wrap leaf on the front of the pack. anyone besides Alcan or All-Pro do that?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts