Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a line on my uncles '86 FJ-60... Its All stock, not even 31's. 280,000 miles of BONE. I can pick it up for $500 if he decides to get rid of it since he got a a 60 with a v8 conversion and shit. It is a GPV(gross polluter) and I think i can get it to pass smog if i fix the exhaust leaks, tune it up a bit, and maybe put a cat in. SO...

My options are:
-Fix it, smog it, sell it, put $$$ into the 40.
-Fix it, smog it, Drive it while i put my V8 in my 40.
-Spring it over, weld the diffs, and wheel it.

or a combo....or anyone else have any ideas???

just tryin to get some ideas for it.

Thanks

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
Takes a lot in my opinion to make a 60 wheelable. No gear reduction and gear reduction cost money.

Fixing it and keeping it is an idea, but with that kind of mileage it could die any time.

Fix it and sell it is an OK idea, but it is not worth a ton more than you are paying as a "runner"

The most money to get out of it is parting it out. YOu can get your money back on the front axle alone.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Fix it and daily it so you can work on your 40 when its down and needs repairs. A soa 60 as a daily driver would be cool. You could do some mods to it when the 40 is back on the road.
Nice to have options on rigs.

We all know your gonna put grow lights and a mister system in the back and have tin foil over the windows, but at least you asked :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
toploader said:
We all know your gonna put grow lights and a mister system in the back and have tin foil over the windows, but at least you asked :flipoff2:
BUSTED! :smokin: :smokin:

But yea...I think a DD 60 on 37s or somthin could be fun.

ROCK HUGGER said:
If its got a good body you could take it Hollister and flop it on its top :shaking:
Now theres an idea!

·
Registered
457 Posts
fix it and sell it. Gross polluter hell through a new catalytic converter on it and it'll probably pass.
Check out craigs list for the sf bay area there is a crashed 60 for sale for parts.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
fix it and keep it for a DD for the 40 project ... mine gona be the tow rig when the 40's done :grinpimp:

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think i will get it to pass smog, tune it up, drive my 40 till the SOA is done then DD the 60 so i can trailer/build the 40. but that would mean the 60 could probably use the V8 and an SM or somthin. We'll see. But wither way, i want that cruiser.... even if its for hollister use only.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TRUE DAT!!!

still looks sick tho. I just want the SOA, some 35s....eh fwak it 37s, 5% tint, and a "PHAT" stereo and i will be good... jsut something relaxing that doesnt sound like a war plane when i get up to 30. oh ya...dont forget the grow lights.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts