Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Then you are a pathetic loser.

However - since it probably just slipped your mind, BlueRibbon Coalition has stepped up and made it amazingly simple for you to fire off a letter to the FS to help keep Tellico open.

Here's the letter generator:

http://www.sharetrails.org/letters/letter.php?id=14

Go there and mix-n-match the provided sample wording with YOUR OWN WORDS, then fire that things off to the FS ranger in charge.

And I don't care if you aren't "from round here", or if you've never been there - you owe it to yourself to help keep Tellico open because the next area they close might be YOURS!

If you want to know why this is necessary - head on over to the Tellico Land Use forum here on Pirate and read up on the last few thread... that will get you up to speed on why you need to write a letter to be included in the comment process... and it needs to be done NOW!

Seriously guys and gals - we all waste plenty of time every day on Pirate, the least we can all do is spend just a couple of minutes to put together a letter and help keep some trails open :cool2:

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Done. Easy. Thanks.

Dear Ranger Lohr,

I am writing to provide comments on the scoping letter for changes at the Upper Tellico ORV Area in the Nantahala National Forest. The first time I visited the area to go offroading and enjoy the amazing scenery to which I had access, was in 1991. I was with a group of LandCruisers at GSMTR. I have never forgotten Tellico, and I have told many stories and visited time and time again. The last time I was able to come to Tellico, again with my LandCruiser to enjoy the top-notch fourwheeling and scenery, was back in 2001. We drove all the way from Dallas Texas in a large group for this trip.
It would be a shame to lose offroad access to Tellico. It is a premier area for our sport and offroad groups have been working to support and develop the area in conjunction with the Forest Service for years.
If offroad access remains, I will actually make it back to use and enjoy Tellico's resources time and time again. It is my opinion that the great majority of those who seek to have it closed for offroading will never see the beauty of Tellico either on foot or by vehicle, except possibly the portion visible from the window of a car from the paved road.
Please help us keep the trails open!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Dear Ranger Lohr,

I am writing to provide comments on the scoping letter for changes at the Upper Tellico ORV Area in the Nantahala National Forest.

Although I have never personally visited, I plan to as soon as possible because Tellico ORV is one of the most valuable destinations to off road enthusiasts. My big fear is that by the time I am able to get there, all the best trails will be off limits. I understand that already (at least) two have been closed due to legal pressure to prevent sedimentation runoff into Jenks Branch Creek.

I have read that the sedimentation is more likely caused by the Tipton Community than the upper portion of the "Lower 2" trail. It would be a complete tragedy to allow a misguided group to close an ORV area when these areas are already so scarce on the east coast!

Regardless, I agree the environment needs to be protected and that a system to manage the water runoff be put in place. On the parks side it should be pretty easy. Given the continuing efforts of the Southern Four Wheel Drive Association (SFWDA), you'll have no lack of volunteers to assist in implementing a system to manage the water runoff.

I support the ongoing efforts of the SFWDA to maintain Tellico ORV area and strongly suggest that the FS consider scoping for reopening and maintaining trails at Tellico instead of closing trails.

Please don't throw the SFWDA's efforts aside to pacify another, less involved, user group!

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
Sent it off, but then got a delivery failure notification in my email. Anyone else getting these?

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FYI - ignore the bounced message. It is a screwup on the FS side for the address, and SFWDA is getting a copy of every single letter generated and will be able to forward them all to the USFS to be included in the comments.

So keep generating those letters - they ARE going through one way or another :D:D:D

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
My brother and I both sent one in. Trying hard not to give up hope on tellico. Went last week and just felt unwelcome. :(

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Come on people - more of you can take a few minutes to do this.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
sent an email offering private funding from a client and never heard anything back. Its been about two weeks... copy sent to Lohr and Ruth something or other..

1 - 20 of 66 Posts