Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Hophead
77,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before any possible band, which would it be

AK-47, AK-74, AR-15, something I didn't think of

If I can get lowers of any/all of them I will. I have no mill, etc so I have to keep that in mind. Those of you who know me knows that "frugal" is a good descriptor :D

Help a EBR newbie out :homer:

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
AK47 is my vote if you can find one around the $500 range

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
*One* of each.

AK or AR, pick the AK caliber you can get ammo for the cheapest/easiest.

·
Premium Member
2,556 Posts
my vote would be a AR. having owned both i really hated the feel of the AK. the one gun i really wish i could have bought before the Cali ban would be a 50 cal

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Vz. 58 and PTR91 are my go to's, for various reasons.

I have several others, the next two choices are a light 7.62AR and a medium 7.62AR.

·
Hophead
77,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everyone over 18 needs an AK47 and four mags. But prices are nuts right now.
That's sorta my feeling

AK47 is my vote if you can find one around the $500 range
If I can find one around $500 I'll probably wet myself and then have to hand the seller damp $100 bills :laughing:

*One* of each.

AK or AR, pick the AK caliber you can get ammo for the cheapest/easiest.
Ultimately I want one of each, funds will prevent that from happening in a short time frame and I'm pessimistic re a ban

No love for the 74? Why's that, ammo?

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
I was serious. Buy an AK and a few spam cans of non cor ammo, then buy an AR lower.

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
Pure budget - SKS.

AK's are going for $700-1k right now.

AR's are $800 to yougottabenuts pricing.

If you have Dunhams near you, they had $799 AR's advertised, and allowed rainchecks, with weekly shipments.

·
3d Artist for Hire!
19,323 Posts
That's sorta my feeling

If I can find one around $500 I'll probably wet myself and then have to hand the seller damp $100 bills :laughing:

Ultimately I want one of each, funds will prevent that from happening in a short time frame and I'm pessimistic re a ban

No love for the 74? Why's that, ammo?

74s just aren't as common as the 47... 74 ammo is currently some of the cheapest among the surplus market, but surplus is pretty much your only option for it. It also shoots more accurately than the 47. Recoil is also much lighter.

But good luck on any of that right now. Prices are ridiculous. But if you do get something, there's really nothing wrong with any of your choices. I would start with an AR15 first, but that's just because you'll probably get more enjoyment out of it, especially if you plan on doing a lot of shooting with it.

If you head up to Dallas to any of the local shows, let me know and we can go look around. If you're interested in a "try-before-you-buy", let me know and I can bring you an AR, AK47, and AK74 to see which one you like best... :flipoff2:

·
Hophead
77,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was serious. Buy an AK and a few spam cans of non cor ammo, then buy an AR lower.
That's pretty much exactly what I hope to do

·
Hophead
77,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you head up to Dallas to any of the local shows, let me know and we can go look around. If you're interested in a "try-before-you-buy", let me know and I can bring you an AR, AK47, and AK74 to see which one you like best... :flipoff2:
You know what you oughtta do? You oughtta come down to Austin for one of our local shows and bring your guns. I got the beer :flipoff2:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've been lusting after a Kel-Tec RFB lately. Probably the only bullpup I have seen that I would actually own.

·
Hophead
77,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've been lusting after a Kel-Tec RFB lately. Probably the only bullpup I have seen that I would actually own.
Whatever floats your boat but good god thats an ugly gun :laughing:

·
Premium Member
8,701 Posts
How far away are these babies?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
That's sorta my feeling

Got to Nodak Spuds website, take a peak, order an AK lower. I just ordered two of the NDS-1 EZ's, which should be coming out of the next batch. $85 per. Just find the parts kit you want at that point.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts