Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i searched and i know that it has probobly been covered before. I am getting ready to do a SAS on my 93 v6 x cab would those rotors bolt on to the 85 hub? I am just left wondering and am not going to be able to get out to compare the 2 for a few days.

I read everywhere about the fj swap, so what is the diffrence between the IFS and the FJ rotors.

I searched so go ahead and flame the NOOB, I have hte flame suit on.

B-IFS

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ok, here it is again

The sap will take you less than an hour, if your quick.

1. Remove your entire SA hub, rotor, and caliper. Down to the spindle.

2. Using a disk grinder, remove the metal edge from the wiper seal, or it will contact the inside of your rotor.

3. Separate the IFS hub from the rotor. Obtain a 5/8" spacer for the space in between them. Place new, longer bolts in it, and bolt it back together.

4. Put the ifs hub, without the lockout on the SA. CHeck for clearence of the wiper seal. If it looks good, tighten the spindle bolts.

5. Put on the IFS caliper.

6. Bolt on the SA hub. The ifs one has the wrong size splines.

7. Hook up your braake lines.

this will make you overall 3 inches wider as the mounting surface for the wheel is 1.5 inches closer toward the edge of the hub then the SA one. It reall doesn't take long. Sometimes the rotor will slightly rub the caliper if the rotor is new. You can have the rotor turned, use a larger spacer, or let it self clearance.:D

·
Registered
233 Posts
The difference between the IFS and FJ rotors is the back spacing. The FJ rotor lets you directly bolt up a vented rotor and IFS caliper to a solid axle without any spacers or modifications.

·
Registered
883 Posts
another alternative.

Put FJ-40 rotors on the IFS hubs. Use the IFS calipers flipped to the other side of the caliper mount(you will need to drill out the caliper mount and then tap the caliper, I used 5/8" course thread cause its what i had.) Use a GRADE 8 bolt to secure the caliper as its not as secure as having the caliper sandwiched between the bolt head and mount. I also had to grind a small amount off the caliper mounting face to center it over the rotor.

Use the seal from the '79-'85 hub and it works fine.

Sounds a little booty fab but I don't have the $$$ to shell out for the spacers.

·
H M F
4,364 Posts
firbolg said:
LC rotors
V6 Calipers
no spacers
82 axle
Bolt up
Torched backing plate and minimal grinding on remnants

Yup. Just do it this way. Easy. The backing plate needs a little work for the caliper to fit. If you aren't running wheel spacers or rims with 3.25 inch BS or less, you'll have to grind the caliper here:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.