Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

that is the way i have it, so my problem must be something else.

i installed a hdroboost brake booster and GM 4 wheel disc master cylinder. i'm running a saginaw pump and i can't seem to get the system to work. i've blown up 2 pumps already. the first one never seemed to work, and second one lasted for about 5 minutes. just got finished cycling the steering to bleed the system, then stepped on the brakes and BAMM, no power steering - blew the pump

can a saginaw pump cavitate so bad i blows up?

· Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hydroboost swap reasons

well, i was told that the hydroboost units do work better than a standard vacuum booster.

also, this is in a samarui buggy with VERY little room. i had tubing within 1/4" of the stock "very small" vacuum booster. the hydroboost units only have about a 5" diameter.

my stock booster/master cyclinder was fine until i went V6 and automatic tranny. i just can't hold it back going down hills when in low range (4:1).

· Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
current situation

Snake47720,

right now i have concluded that the hydroboost is BAD. i'm on my third pump without ever leaving the garage. but, i don't think any of the pumps were ever bad, they just got "air locked" or something. because, the last time it happened i removed the pressure line and let it pump the system dry. i then re-installed the pressure line and bled system as if installing new pump, and all is fine with my steering, i just don't have brakes. i also can't get the hydroboost to bleed fluid threw the return line. it only spits a little when releasing the peddle. i have been told there should be a little fluid passing through this port when the peddle is applied.

should have new hydroboost on Tuesday. will let know what happens.

thanks for help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.