1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys and gals awesome site here,
ok, my question i have is,i have a `88 toyota 4+4
with ifs.i want to know is how can i ditch the ifs and put
on a straight axle.i want more lift like a 12 inch lift.
what are the best kind of axles to use. i would like to go to a full size 14 bolt chevy axle.is this possible?
is there any web sites that will led me in the right direction?
i would like to do the axles swap before installing the chevy 350.
i know this is going to be a long time project,but thats ok i have owned this truck since it was new back in `87 its been with me for 16 years now,my friends still cant believe i still own this truck.
anyways some input will be greatly apreciated and thanks in advance,jeff :grinpimp:

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
This site has everything you need look no further. Slow down,
One thing at a time

Search and all your questions will be answered. No sense in explaining it.

·
Registered
535 Posts
vmax4 said:
is this possible?
anything is possible with enough thought, time, knowledge and/or money.

·
Registered
342 Posts
vmax4 said:
i want more lift like a 12 inch lift.
you may want to rethink the whole 12 inch lift thing.... a lot of people go that route and end up just taking it off later... lower is better...... try for somewhere in the 4-6 inch range... youll be happier in the long run i think...

what are the best kind of axles to use. i would like to go to a full size 14 bolt chevy axle.is this possible?
[/B]

to answer this question.. no... 14 bolts were only made as rear axles... if you want to go big in the front try a dana 60 alxe... theyre fairly common but just so you know in advance its gonna cost you a pretty penny to get a 60- theyre not cheap... my advice would be to just buy a front axle from an 84-85 toyota and put a set of longfields and a locker in it... with this setup and some trimming youll be set for up to 38's no problem

also i would reccommend reading the toy FAQ... lots of very useful info in there and so you dont catch a lot of crap, try searching before you ask questions.. its all there somewhere... youve picked one of the most informative sites out there for tech so dont be afraid to read a little

almost forgot... WELCOME NEWBIE:flipoff2:

·
Registered
860 Posts
whoa whoa whoa slow down! the man wants a 14 bolt in the front... this is very much so possible. can we say "dana 80 outers"??

toyota + dual 14 bolts + 12 inches of lift = :skull: :skull: :skull:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey thanks guys for the replys,i seen some of you guys talking about kits.do you have the name of the web site or a link?;)

·
Banned
471 Posts
Re: 14 bolt front.

What do you mean Dana 80 outers?? They are rear as well!!
If you're gonna do it, do it right..ROCKWELL 2.5!:flipoff2:

KRUZRTEK

1 - 11 of 11 Posts