Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I own a '95 YJ with SUA leaf springs. It has about a 5'' lift with 35'' tires.

I have an Artec Truss for the 8.8 rear axle and have GenRight coilover brackets sunk into my frame.

Im ready to purchase a RuffStuff Rear 4-Link kit and just have one question before dropping $800.

Do i need to buy coilovers before the links get put on?

IF i do, what length coilovers do i need?

Ill always keep the same wheel base and will always keep a 35'' tire.

Heres a couple of pics.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
You don't have to have the coilovers you can go to say filthy motorsports website and look at the fully collapsed/extended measurements and get an idea for the size. On my YJ I wanted to keep the coilovers under the stock sheet metal in the rear so I went with a 12" coilover and its tucked up as high as I can and I think I will be around a 23-25" belly height. Hope this helps I am running a 14" up front and in my case it was the max size before going thru the hood.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks! That does help.

I dont want to cut into my tub or hood either, so what your saying is basically how i want my rig set up.

When you say, Belly Height, you mean the measurement 'eye to eye' of the coilover with the vehicle sitting at ride height?

·
Registered
5,946 Posts
The eye to eye totally collapsed is gonna be your most important number. If your keeping the same tire size, measure your room with the tire stuffed and see how much room you have to work with. Choose a shock shorter than the distance between your mounts so the shock itself does not bottom out first.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heres another stupid question.

Do i have to remove the body for the link mounts to be welded on?

Im guessing, Yes, but dont really know. It would be lovely not to have to remove the entire body off the frame.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome. I ordered the Upper Triangulated 4 Link from RuffStuff yesterday.

The St. Patty's 15% discount talked me into it!

Hopefully in a couple of weeks i can get it to the 4x4 shop to get everything installed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts