Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
no strings on me
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to try and do some wrenching this weekend. Gonna add some rear discs to the IH truck D60 FF rear. I'm going to use 78 3/4 ton chevy rotors, brake lines, and calipers with a AA Mfg. weld on bracket. Any suggestions or pitfalls to look out for?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts

·
no strings on me
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I've heard people say that they have had them :eek: rip off.

I am going to try them anyway... :fingerscrossed:.....and keep an eye on them..... :D

Weezer....your Scout 44 rear discs looked really good, I say them yesterday while searching. The speed holes look cool.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
YellowIH said:
I've heard people say that they have had them :eek: rip off.

I am going to try them anyway... :fingerscrossed:.....and keep an eye on them..... :D

Weezer....your Scout 44 rear discs looked really good, I say them yesterday while searching. The speed holes look cool.

Thanks.
Thanks man I like how they turned out but I havent tested them yet. I have heard of them ripping off to, but that was because the person that put them on didnt know how to weld not because the brackets were too thin. Heres a pic of mine for every one to see incase you missed the thread over in gen4x4

Attachments

·
Registered
955 Posts
Ben W said:
Here's mine. 3/8" plate bolted to the backing plate flange. '77 K20 rotors & calipers.
Ben, are those brackets something you fabbed up or are they an A&A bracket? If they are something you fabbed up, do you have a pattern that you could share with us?

·
no strings on me
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ben W said:
Here's mine. 3/8" plate bolted to the backing plate flange. '77 K20 rotors & calipers.

Ben that's nice.

Looks like we have a similiar rear end. 74/75 IH truck D60???

I'd like to have a bolt on bracket due to time (married) but they are really to expensive (married!) when I already have the AA brackets already and I can get all the brake parts new for a little over $100.

All the places I have called will not sell just the bracket and they want WAY to much for their calipers and rotors.

I don't know where they buy rotors but the 78 chebby parts I am going to use are MUCH cheaper in price and have alwyas worked for me before.

Any sources for a reasonable bolt on bracket???

I agree with Weezer....the AA brackets look plenty thick to me.

Ben, what Master Cylinder are you running??? :D

Thanks guys!!

·
Granite Guru
3,288 Posts
brackets are fabbed from scratch. I found a template on the 'net for brackets for a 14-bolt and traced that on the 3/8" and cut them out with a plasma cutter. Then copied the bolt pattern from the brake backing plate

The brackets don't bolt directly to the flange, there is a spacer in there but I don't remember how thick.

I did all this before I knew about the A&A bracket.

Axle is out of a '73 1210, Master cylinder is stock '61 Scout. I also have an adjustable proportioning valve from Summit.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Thanks Ben, that clears everything up for me!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts