Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So tonight, I'm replacing the flywheel bolts on my 1.3 (anybody every break those?) and as I'm wedging the tranny back up into the tunnel, I jack the front of the motor up to, you know, cant the motor back a little to make the trans fit. Not thinking about the side effects, I jack and jack and all of a sudden, snap! Fluid starts pouring out onto my garage floor. I jump up and to my dismay and complete disgust, I have jacked the return line to my brand new $200 Spidertrax AGR pump into the jack mount and busted the plastic reservoir! FAWK!!

I'll bet it is 2-3 weeks to replace the reservoir, all because I didn't pay fawking attention to what I was doing. I am just plain dangerous in the garage. It's amazing that I haven't done any more damage to the Sami or myself.

Sorry about wasting bandwidth, but I had to vent.

Terry

·
Broke Bastard
4,117 Posts
I agree!!!

Shit Happens. I bet this never happpens to you again. If it does, you're beyond help...

·
Registered
377 Posts
thats gotta suck

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
sucks to be human

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
terrymac said:

I'll bet it is 2-3 weeks to replace the reservoir, all because I didn't pay fawking attention to what I was doing. I am just plain dangerous in the garage. It's amazing that I haven't done any more damage to the Sami or myself.
Rule number one: always think before using a jack, power tool or anything else with high speed parts or huge forces.

Hey, it happens. Luckily you damaged something that can be replaced. Fingers (or worse) are really hard to replace. I've got a nice little scar on my inner thigh from bouncing a 4" grinder with a cutting blade. Could have been much worse. <wince>

A buddy of mine is no longer allowed to "come out and play". Last time we were working in the garage he crowned himself on one of his eyebrows with the handle of my JackAll (always keep your hand on your jack when using it).

My wife (that's Dr. Karin) ended up stitching him up in the kitchen. 10 stitches. He was a trooper though. No local anestestic[sp]. Beats spending 4 hours at Emerg I suppose. <wince>

[email protected]

·
Registered
600 Posts
I used to have the same problem ...dont get upset with yourself...ok it's nothing a good 12 step program couldn't cure...I bet you dont make the same mistake again..

·
Registered
330 Posts
dont worry be happy!

ya know what a stacked pump on a th-400 is... been there done that......i once pulled a whole shot thinking the both u-joint clamps were installed,they werent.............thats just 2 of the better stunts ive pulled in 25 odd years of pretending to be a wrench twister so dont feel bad .......just dont make the same mistake twice ........

·
Registered
283 Posts
man, that sux bad!!! but as stated, im sure u won't do it again

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
Yep,
I broke the timing gear off of the end of the camshaft on my wife's hyundai last saturday.

Changing the timing belt, too big of a hurry to realize what I'm doing.

POW, it exploded like glass.
(but I wasn't going to waste bandwidth to tell you all I had my head up my posterior).

That's life

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Shit happens :flipoff2:

last week I was pressing on a new wheel bearing and retainer, well I got it all done to realize that I forgot to put the backing plate on for the rear brakes!! :mad:

Now I am having a hell of a time removing the retainer without damaging the new bearing........Any Sugestions Guys!!! :confused:

·
Registered
105 Posts
run a bunch of tape around the bearing then carefully grind of the retainer. Use a hacksaw for more control. don't nick the axle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts