Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At breaking stuff. :laughing: So I got my lower the other day, and last night I tore it down and rebuilt it to get more familiar with it. There was a rattle in the buffer tube that appeared either Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning, so I looked closely at the buffer when I had it out. I somehow managed to break the buffer. :eek: I'm about to tear it down to check it out, pics to follow. And a HUGE thanks to Pete, I placed my order today for an upper and after asking him about the buffer, he said he would toss one in when he shipped my order. ANY ONE LOOKING FOR GUN STUFF, TALK TO ALOHAROVER! I'll post the pics once I get this thing apart.

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Nope, that would be Rock River Arms. I noticed that rattle/shake but I couldn't remember if my other one did it or not. Unless it was different from what I recall. And I don't remember breaking anything except that stupid roll pin

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
I would like to see breakage, cause the buffer went in as one piece! :flipoff2:

·
Registered
11,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, that would be Rock River Arms. I noticed that rattle/shake but I couldn't remember if my other one did it or not. Unless it was different from what I recall. And I don't remember breaking anything except that stupid roll pin
:laughing: It's in the buffer itself, not a big deal. I've gotta find my drill to get this pin out, its wedged in a way such that I can't drive it out. Pics to come. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
771 Posts
:laughing: It's in the buffer itself, not a big deal. I've gotta find my drill to get this pin out, its wedged in a way such that I can't drive it out. Pics to come. :flipoff2:

Ummm..the weight in the buffer is supposed to rattle a bit when you shake it.

·
Registered
11,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ummm..the weight in the buffer is supposed to rattle a bit when you shake it.
I shook it next to the phone for Pete to listen to. He said it wasn't normal. :laughing: This is more noise than normal. Way more.

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
I shook it next to the phone for Pete to listen to. He said it wasn't normal. :laughing: This is more noise than normal. Way more.
Now thats some exact checking right there :laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
11,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We might have a genius among us. :flipoff2:

Innovation. See above. :flipoff2:

I've been around ARs enough to know this isn't normal. This thing is like a small morocca (WTF on spelling, you see mexicans shaking them at fiestas. :flipoff2: ).

·
Registered
771 Posts
Innovation. See above. :flipoff2:

I've been around ARs enough to know this isn't normal. This thing is like a small morocca (WTF on spelling, you see mexicans shaking them at fiestas. :flipoff2: ).
Mayhaps it is a messican buffer. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
16,034 Posts
I thought he broke his fluffer?

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
It sounded like a couple steel bearings loose inside a steel tube.

That's my story and I am sticking to it :D

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
I ran more than 700,000 rds thru an M16 over the last 24 years and NEVER replaced nor broke the buffer...you, sir, are in idiot.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts