Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying an aircat impact on tooltopia's sale. What is better between twin clutch or twin hammer? I haven't found much explaining one vs. the other.

·
Registered
10,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Their website shows that they have the same torque, more or less same weight, same dba, and they're about the same price. That other link still doesn't explain much. I might go with the clutch, just do see.

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
I've had the 1/2" nitrocat for about 6 months and I love it. So far it's been perfect every time I've used it. Everybody that comes over to use it pulls the trigger, looks at it, then compliments the gun. It's just quiet (relatively), smooth, and powerful.

I bought the 3/8" drive aircat mini ratchet wrench because I liked their impact wrench so much . It's good too but sometimes I wish it had more power. Then again, it's only about 6" long so more power could be a wrist breaker.

·
Registered
10,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just bought one on tooltopia's sale. $151 shipped, not too bad.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I called and asked Aircat what the difference was as far as durability to make sure before I bought one. As I suspected the twin-clutch is not going to be as durable as the twin hammer. It is an oil bath type setup with seals, etc and more parts than the twin-hammer. I went with the 1000TH, which he said was their most popular. I'm sure either it or the Nitrocat would be great but I want the most durable impact wrench I can get.

By the way, Tooltopia only has the older models with a reversing switch different than the newest Aircats. That may explain why the price is very good. I actually want the older style because it looks a little more durable so that was fine with me.

Here's to hoping the hype on here about this brand of wrench is right....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts