Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an E-mail from the RR4W club

They RR4W spoke with the new land owners and they are "adamant about closing the trails (Lower Hellradro and Strike Ravine)
The new land owners have contacted the San Juan County, and have requested that the County officially colse the trails. In reply the San Juan County told them that Strike Ravine trail could not be closed without first holding a public hearing.
A preliminary meeting is scheduled for next week in
Monticello,and several of the RR4W'ers will be attending. After the pre meeting, a public hearing will then be scheduled for a later date. Info on the Public meeting date will be forth coming.

Also Brian Hawthorne (USA-ALL) was at the RR4W'ers meeting and he will be attending the meeting in Monticello . They feel that we have a good chance of keeping the Strike Ravine open as it has been a trail for 10 years or more. However Lower Helldorado is a long shot at best.

Important !!!!
(RR4W & USA-ALL ) Have asked in the meantime that all 4 wheelers respect the closures until a rulling can be made.
NOTE: Anyone cought trespassing will be ticketed and it will not HELP our cause.

Please help by attending the public meeting once the date is set and keep out fo the posted areas on Strike Ravine and Lower Helldorado trails

·
Registered
877 Posts
Man that sucks! I have never been to Moab and was planning on it this spring. I was looking forward to running Lower Helldorado. I hope everyone respects the closure so more trails don't start getting closed.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Just to be perfectly clear... Is Upper Heldorado still open?

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPPER hell IS STILL OPEN AND THATS A FACT JACK!!!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Time to stop letting greenie's buy land at our trailheads thus being able to close them off. :mad: :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The land sold was was Utah school trust lands and was sold to fund Uath public schools in the area from what I have been told
The RR4W'ers are now on the mailing list for any other lands that maybe for sale in the future . Evidently this 160 acre parcel was on the action block twice before and did not sell the reason it was over looked is that the lands for sale are published in the local papers but most people ( If they even read the notices) don't have any idea where the land being auctioned even is.
So no flags went up until it was to late.

Myself would like to know how much was paid for the land!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Myself would like to know how much was paid for the land!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Thats easy. Go to the county tax office and ask. ORRR you can go ask a local realtor ORR if you know the address of the property I can post it on the this forum. I have a website that shows all property info anywhere in the US.

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'll see what i can do

I think I was told or read that the land went for $300 an acre but that maybe B.S.

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
THIS MAKES ME SICK

The property that was sold that closed lower Helldorado was sold For the HIGH PRICE OF $262.50 an ACRE thats 160 acres for a grand total of $42,000 dollars

so for that price of most peoples SUV you could have had 160 acres of Moab's Fine off roading area THIS sucks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is there any kind of petition that can be started to keep the trails open? If there is, how can I sign it. If not, how can those of us that are too far away to travel for a meeting get our voices heard?

:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
349 Posts
1tonyj said:
There are 25,042 member here, let say half donate 5 measley bucks, that would equal $62,605. Let make an offer and buy that damn place back. Shoot it would be nothing to double their money.:confused:

:bounce: BAD ASS IDEA!!!!!! Who do we get to start this thing? I would gladly donate a few dollars. Start a test thread to see who is in on buying them out?

LETS DO IT!!! MONEY TALKS TO ANYONE. :D

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Dude, if you think that they're going to sell you that piece of property after going through all the legwork they did to find it, and sneak it out from under us you are pretty naieve.

If they sold that piece of property to some land use activists, they'd essentially be 'selling out' (literally), to the other side and be the ridicule of the Green movement for years and years.

Take your enthusiasm and write some letters and keep access open.

I don't want to bag on the idea of purchasing land, I think it's an interesting concept and some feelers could be sent out.

But, to think that you will be able to buy out the owner that just took possession is hopeful at best.

Good luck! I admire the tenacity!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts