Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody out there had any info on importing a BJ70 Land Cruiser from Canada. I have heard of people getting a letter from toyota that states it will pass the NHTSA, but how do you get it to pass the EPA stuff? Can the 3b diesel pass the EPA without any modification? Lastly what does customs do are they just enforcers of the NHTSA and EPA or do they have their own set of standards? Oh ya does anybody know of any places to buy an 88 bj70 and how will they run?

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
isozelmonic said:
I was wondering if anybody out there had any info on importing a BJ70 Land Cruiser from Canada. I have heard of people getting a letter from toyota that states it will pass the NHTSA, but how do you get it to pass the EPA stuff? Can the 3b diesel pass the EPA without any modification? Lastly what does customs do are they just enforcers of the NHTSA and EPA or do they have their own set of standards? Oh ya does anybody know of any places to buy an 88 bj70 and how will they run?
The best way is to use a licenced importer. They will handle all the BS. You will just have to handle your state.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Re: Re: Importing a BJ70

wngrog said:

The best way is to use a licenced importer. They will handle all the BS. You will just have to handle your state.
Bingo, I have a customer that imported a BJ70 to Utah... all legit.
I will find out the company he used, I know it was $$$ but well worth the worry free hassle... and worry you may get your imported cruiser repo'd. :D

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
isozelmonic said:
Not going to find a 88, total sold here was 664 between 1985 and 1987. Less than 150 each year in 1986 and 1987. I have been casually looking for a few years, and seriously looking for about 5-6 months. I am going to buy/order a JDM 70 or 74 and spend my 15-20K on a decent one. Most of the Canada/RHD I have seen were high mileage rust buckets. Those that were not wanted more $$$ than a JDM import because you damn Yanks are willing to pay out the ass for them.
Good luck.

·
Registered
76 Posts
go to birfield.com and search in the DTLC... "importing" Problem is finding a clean 70. You could wait 6 more years for the 25 yr. importation and have a legal 7x removable top, etc...Search the importation laws they are public and it is your govt. :usa:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts