Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a question that no one seems to know the answer to. I'm putting a 95 4.3 Vortec into my Toy. The motor came with a remote oil filter which I would like to do away with. Does anyone know of an adapter piece which would allow me to have filter right out of the block? It seems all older 4.3's have it like a V8(which doesn't work) and all the newer ones have either a cooler or remote. Thanks

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Yes, I did the same on my '94 5.7l. You can buy the standard adapter piece at the Chevy dealer.

PM me if you need it and I can probably dig up the part #.

Jay

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmmmmm...almost too easy. I did try getting the adapter piece off of a late 80's 350 but the two bolts holes didn't line up.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I know on my '98 Vortec 4.3, it also had the external cooler. I removed the cooler housing above the filter and spun the filter directly onto the block like normal. The way this one was set up, I didn't need to buy anything from GM.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Is that similar to the TBI 4.3? I just took off the remote filter adapter, and threaded in a tube/fitting, screwed the filter on. I'm not sure where I got it, my crew is all hotrodders/wheelers/racers/ricers, so finding parts isn't an issue-it's all been done before. But no adapter, just a threaded tube.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts