Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember when I brought my cruiser home, almost like I happened yesterday. It didn't and hadn't run in almost 2 years, the paint was gone "literally". Ah those were the days.

Here is a picture I found the other night of the cruiser roughly 2 weeks after I got it. I had it running and driving within 48 hours of my taking her home. sniff sniff

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
GloNDark said:
I had it running and driving within 48 hours of my taking her home. sniff sniff
Mine took a little bit longer to get started. Oh yeah- this may be why...

·
Registered
615 Posts
Zipp, you ever see a sprung over mustard cruiser rolling around in davis? If you do, its my brothers. :) Just wanted to let you know. He lives on 7th and C.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Here's mine, the day I brought her home in 1991! Look how pristine she was, not bad for $12,000. This was the first car I ever paid for with my own hard-earned money, so it felt extra good. Also, check out the big mountains that sorround my native city in the background!

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
CruisD64 said:
Zipp, you ever see a sprung over mustard cruiser rolling around in davis? If you do, its my brothers. :) Just wanted to let you know. He lives on 7th and C.
Damn! I Just saw him on Saturday- we were both driving through the Safeway parking lot- windows open- I was checking out his cruiser, and in passing gave a nod, and how's it goin'. That's a clean looking machine.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Its just parts coming together right now....sniff, sniff....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
We are sick!

Not long after mine arrived.

·
Registered
13,838 Posts
My cruiser the day I got it.. Still pretty much look sthe same... rims are shiny'er and it runs a whole lot better now though.

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
turnin on the way back machine

Wow, glo, it glowed then too.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Well.....

i think i got ya'll beat my first cruizer wuz a 78 bj40 I didnt even know what i ment all i knows was i couldn't find parts for it so i just called it a fj ... any way the guy i go it from took the diesel out and put a 2f in it :( and when i got it it was a bare block and a tub with everything piled in the back 5gal bucket of $hit fenders, hood ,grill hardtop and doors... all of it ... i wish now i had taken a pic it looked funny took a year of high school weekends to get her back on ther road ... the first month i drove it the tub was od green one fender red one orange two different colors of blue and red on the top... my dad talked me in to just fogin it with primer and my mom let me leave it out side of the fence... i miss her and the non us 4 sp great first gear.. snif... snif ... i will dig up some pics later for ya'll

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
the 45 the day I towed it home.....

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
the 80, a week after I bought it in 1996....

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts