Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like the inboard idea, like thw gas tank moved up idea. like running chevies. anybody ever inboard them. I've read over lthe chevy FAQ and searched. the only thing I have found is inboarding instead of chevies. I've got the design figured out but I was wondering if anyone had done it with really adverse effects.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I imboarded F150's 5" on each side. I wouldn't imboard the rears that far on a DD. If you do, I'd recommend adding a rear sway bar with quick disconnects or something like that. It has a lot more body roll on the street, but it flexes great on the trail.
Oh yeah, The only problem I see with imboarding Chevys is they in and of themselves don't give much lift. If you imboard them and you mount the front end of the spring up between the framerails you would need to run aal's and a good size block to lift it. With my F150 rears up out of the way I ended up with about 3" lift. Even with a 2" BL I had to trim out the upperside of the inside fenderwell because it has so much stuff. :eek:
Hope this helps ya out a little....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts