Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes, i did seach, so dont even start!!:flipoff2: :flipoff2: im thinking of inboarding my 5 leaf YJ packs in the rear so that they are directly under the frame while im doing my toy axle swap, what are the popular opinions on this among those who have done it? how stable is it???

·
Registered
219 Posts
Heres my experience of it for what it's worth.

On our green samurai we moved the fronts inboard 1.5"s per side using rear springs.. Unbelievable flex. The rear we moved the springs in 3"s per side using scout II main leafs with samurai packs.

On our Black Samurai with Dana 44's I had to move the fronts outboard to match the spring spacing. I used wranglers f/r. On the back I moved the rears inboard 2"s per side. The rear didn't flex near as freely as the front but not bad either. So now I extended the WB to 95 and moved the springs inboard another 2.5"s until next winter when I can do a link setup.. Reason why is because I want to wheel this summer.. Been too long.

Performance.. I didn't get what I expected out of it. Stability was as good as my samurai when I had wranglers in the rear and rears up front with custom packs. and stock axles.

Conclusion.. Leafs work great up front. In the rear I wouldn't do it again for the hassle. I would rather do a link setup in the rear. By the time you cut mounts, move spring pads, and all of the fab work involved you will be ahead doing a link suspension. Stability is as good, and flex is much better. But it is cheaper and will get your rig going faster.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
my buddy inboaded his springs in the rear. He uses lifed OME springs and he loves it. On the other had when I have driven his rig I can't stand it. Waaaaaaaaaaay too much body roll for me. Mine is much more stable with YJ's in the stock position. His rig flexs good though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.