Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a mini CV rebuilt (no I don't know which year) and now that it is working properly it does not even come close to being able to droop enough.
I know Jesse can give the mini CV's a bit more movement but does anyone know how he does it?

This sucks. Now I don't even have a rear DS
:mad:

BTW, this is on a Cruiser with a 25" rear DS if that matters any..

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone???

Buler? Buler???
:p

·
Registered
535 Posts
from my limited understanding, i think he just grinds away at the parts that interfere.

grab a dremel and have at it.

·
Registered
905 Posts
there is a pivot ball in the center of the CV... this ball keeps the joints in alignment at equal angles. The socket that the ball fits into has to be ground away to add clearance, allowing the CV to operate at higher angles.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Alabamatoy said:
Dare I say it?

Shoulda measured first.
WTF:rolleyes: He didn't say his D-shaft was too short or long...He said it didn't have the same amount of travel within the CV after being rebuilt. What does that have to do with measuring?:confused:

You shouldn't have dared to say it.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CWToyota said:
there is a pivot ball in the center of the CV... this ball keeps the joints in alignment at equal angles. The socket that the ball fits into has to be ground away to add clearance, allowing the CV to operate at higher angles.
This is kinda what I figured.

Time to set it on the belt sander and go to town..

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Is there a chance that whoever rebuilt it, swapped yours for a ifs one? Accidentally, purposely??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts