Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
surveyboy said:
Well have you?? here's thier site I am thinking about getting the MAXI car trailer. 20'x83" for approx $1750 after delivery. whatcha think? btw, getting wood deck, and no dove tail.
Looks good, get the second brake axle, breakaway kit, spare tire, and 2 5/16th ball while you're at it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'll let you know next week.I bought one two weeks ago.Im flying to Texas from central CA. on Thursday to pick it and my new tow rig up.
I ordered the maxi w/steel deck,brakes on all four wheels,spare tire ,brake-away switch,2 5/16" coupler for $1833.

·
waterboy
18,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
crwln73 said:
I'll let you know next week.I bought one two weeks ago.Im flying to Texas from central CA. on Thursday to pick it and my new tow rig up.
I ordered the maxi w/steel deck,brakes on all four wheels,spare tire ,brake-away switch,2 5/16" coupler for $1833.
Please do, and get a couple of pics, and let me know!! also, I am wondering what tie down points it has.

·
waterboy
18,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: indian valley trailers. ever heard of them?

RE:Todd said:
Looks good, get the second brake axle, breakaway kit, spare tire, and 2 5/16th ball while you're at it.
just wonderin, why do you suggest the larger ball?

I hadn't considerd getting the second brake or the breakaway kit. is it truly necessary?? just a safty factor?

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
Re: Re: Re: indian valley trailers. ever heard of them?

surveyboy said:

just wonderin, why do you suggest the larger ball?
Do you really want me to answer this???? AC/DC song about big balls. Seriously, higher weight rating, leaves a larger safety factor. And people won't be able to borrow it as much.

I hadn't considerd getting the second brake or the breakaway kit. is it truly necessary?? just a safety factor?
It's cheaper to do it now, safer to do it now. I've got single axle brakes, should've gone double, less work for slowing it down. As far as the breakaway kit, it'll lock the brakes on the trailer if it ever comes off of the hitch and chains.

It's cheaper to do all of this now than to retrofit it later.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've got one. Waddya wanna know? It came from TX, appears well built, and pulls straight. Mine is a 16', no dove tail, wood deck, dual brakes, breakaway kit, 2 5/16' ball, and 3500# axles. Bad points include the side load ramps when I asked for rear load, and the bottom is not painted. Notice the water in the pics? Not good without paint on the bottom. I must now go back and spray bomb it myself...

·
waterboy
18,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well just order the trailer.
20'x83", flat wood deck, dual braked axles (re:todd). gonna be here on or before July 24th, just in time for LCIR trip.

shit, forgot to get the tie down points. gotta make a call

·
Premium Member
78,528 Posts
surveyboy said:
well just order the trailer.
20'x83", flat wood deck, dual braked axles (re:todd). gonna be here on or before July 24th, just in time for LCIR trip.

shit, forgot to get the tie down points. gotta make a call

On delivery, do they drop it at your house, or a trailer dealer
near you ???

·
waterboy
18,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
crwln73 said:

I ordered mine with 4 -1/2" D rings.I think there recessed,but not sure.
Oh yeah mines 7x18 with a dove tail.
where did you have them put your Drings? or where should I have them put mine?? according to them, I have 8 foot behind the centerline of the axles, and 12' forward. I am thinking to towards the rear and then two towards the front about half way between the axles and the front of the deck. that would give me 13'+/- between the tiedowns plus I can also tiedown to the front rub rail if I have a longer truck on there.

whatcha think?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Made it back from Kafmann,Texas with a nice trailer.If you get one you will not be disapointed.If I would of known how well they were built I would of bought two or three of them.Plus Andy the owner of the welding shop is a honest straight forward guy good person to do business with.
If there was anything wrong with the trailer it would be that they dont paint the underside.The trailer is way over built for the 3500# axles.Wish I would have upgraded to the 5200# ones.

I had them put the D-rings 4" from the front and 4" from the rear that way no matter what vehicle I have on there it will be secured with the most angle on the binders as possible.To keep it from moving forward or backwards.

·
Registered
8,865 Posts
So all in all you are happy with it? I am considering buying one in the next couple of weeks, and having them deliver it to my house in SF.

Dimitri

·
Registered
83 Posts
I bought mine along with Jim.

Just trailered down to Camp Jeep and back. No prob's. Underside was not painted (that's what Hammerite is for), and had a few dings in it, but lovin' it.

I ordered 4 d-rings welded to the sides, (it came with stake pockets also).

16', dovetail, Electric breakaway kit, brakes on both axles, 235's, bulldog coupler, spare tire and mount, trailer jack reset so tailgate will fold down, front rub rail, ramps underneath, white texas pinstripes . . . @$1700

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
For those of you who picked one up in person....

Did you see any TILT BED trailers? Wondering if he also makes them up, but nothing on the web site. Every so often I need to move junk around (i.e. TIG Welder on wheels)... Tilt bed makes it possible.

Got lots of bills to pay before I get a trailer. :)

Tom :usa:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.