Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 431 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
What is the overall length of the adapter face to face? Is this or could it be setup to be used as a Fig. 8 205 to round 6 both 205 adapter? Can you lengthen or shorten the setup to make the adapter shorter or longer?

I have been planning a home built 208 or 241/205 doubler setup and this would help make this much easier to do by allowing easier use of the Fig. 8 205's and also allowing enough space for shift rail clearence.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Just picked up the long input 205, will be ordering soon!:smokin: Thanks for the quick reply and great idea!

Dustin

·
Trail Tech Fab
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
What is the overall length of the adapter face to face? Is this or could it be setup to be used as a Fig. 8 205 to round 6 both 205 adapter? Can you lengthen or shorten the setup to make the adapter shorter or longer?

I have been planning a home built 208 or 241/205 doubler setup and this would help make this much easier to do by allowing easier use of the Fig. 8 205's and also allowing enough space for shift rail clearence.

We can make the adapters any length you need and pretty much any bolt pattern. Figure out what bolt pattern you'll have on each case face and the spacing you will need and I am sure we can help you work it out.

For what it's worth, skip the 208 doubler and go for the 241. We have made a bunch of them in our time, the 208 is not worth the effort and the 241 gears are far superior. If you need some help working out details or need some one-off part s made we can help you out.
-Mike
Trail Tech Fab

·
Trail Tech Fab
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I've been getting a subtaintal amount of inqueries for various 2WD 350, 700r4, 4l60E setup. See pics below and keep the questions coming.
Thanks,
Mike
Trail Tech Fab

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered mine a couple weeks ago. I received it with in 3 days of ordering and it worked at perfect. Great design, very user friendly. Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
How about a 4wd 4l-80 to 205 case? probably have to use the long input in the case? shorter the better for me, just have to figure out the speed sensor.

Thanks
ya this is what im after too...... i need on pretty soon here

not to hijack but is there a case difference in the 4l80e 2wd and 4wd? or is it all in the outputshaft?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I need to mount a 241 to a 4x4 th350 with a very short adapter. I am not sure on the length but I need one 4 bolt flange and one 6 bolt flange with a short piece of tube inbetween. do you think you can help me out

·
Trail Tech Fab
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I need to mount a 241 to a 4x4 th350 with a very short adapter. I am not sure on the length but I need one 4 bolt flange and one 6 bolt flange with a short piece of tube inbetween. do you think you can help me out
This is what we do!:smokin: If it is a 4x4 trans it likely has an output shaft that is under 1" long. Unfortunatly we can't make an Infinitely Clockable Adapter that short, but we can make the necessary plate type adapter to mate the two together. The other 4x4TH-350 shaft hard to find and I think it's about 3.375" long. I've only seen a couple over the years. Let me know what length output shaft you have in your trans(IE how far it sticks out from the back of the case) and I will put something together.
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
312 Posts
the trans that I have the output only sticks out about 1" from the rear of the case. I would need the plate type adapter to mount the two together I assume then.

Creighton

·
Registered
253 Posts
An infinite 465/205 10 spline.. Figure 8.. Or would the clocking plate be my only option??

awesome product!!!!!!

·
Trail Tech Fab
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
An infinite 465/205 10 spline.. Figure 8.. Or would the clocking plate be my only option??

awesome product!!!!!!
Of course we can make that! Clocking plates are in stock but the adapter kit is the best strength / long term solution. As of this week the common GM kits come withdrawn gaskets. The 350 & 465 kits come with seals for the adapter sleeve, still working on a source for 400 figure 8 seals that makes sense. Sending you a pm.

41 - 60 of 431 Posts