Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 431 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Odd combo

Hi, I stumbled upon this thread trying to find info about drawing up my plans to build my own clocking ring but it sounds like this is what you do so here goes...

My truck is a 77 F-250 that has a Cummins and NV4500 in it. Behind the NV is a, now defunct, US Gear OD box. Behind it is a Ford 203/205 t-case. My problem is that the second clocking ring is wrong and does not return the 203/205 to its proper drop angle. The other problem is that the rings are made out of 3/4" aluminum and I don't like that idea given the considerable weight of the system pieces. Since US Gear doesn't make this box anymore, and doesn't service any of its parts, I can't even get the proper ring I need, not to consider the aluminum issue.

So what do you think? What I need are two clocking rings made out of high grade steel. One that goes from a Dodge 6 bolt round pattern on the back of the NV to what I assume is a GM 6 bolt round pattern on the front of the range box. And one that goes from the back of the range box which is a GM 6 bolt, I think, to the front of the Ford 203.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Odd combo

Hi, I stumbled upon this thread trying to find info about drawing up my plans to build my own clocking ring but it sounds like this is what you do so here goes...

My truck is a 77 F-250 that has a Cummins and NV4500 in it. Behind the NV is a, now defunct, US Gear OD box. Behind it is a Ford 203/205 t-case. My problem is that the second clocking ring is wrong and does not return the 203/205 to its proper drop angle. The other problem is that the rings are made out of 3/4" aluminum and I don't like that idea given the considerable weight of the system pieces. Since US Gear doesn't make this box anymore, and doesn't service any of its parts, I can't even get the proper ring I need, not to consider the aluminum issue.

So what do you think? What I need are two clocking rings made out of high grade steel. One that goes from a Dodge 6 bolt round pattern on the back of the NV to what I assume is a GM 6 bolt round pattern on the front of the range box. And one that goes from the back of the range box which is a GM 6 bolt, I think, to the front of the Ford 203.

Thanks.

·
Trail Tech Fab
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #63

Thanks.
Sounds like what we do on a regular basis! I may be mistaken but the US gear pattern to their adapter is not the same as the the circular tcase patterns. A couple pictures of the existing parts would be helpful. If you can, send a couple photos to my email ([email protected]) or in a PM here at pirate. Sending PM now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Actually the US Gear pattern is a 6 bolt t-case pattern. I have the 203 currently bolted to the back of the US Gear box. It's just in a close but wrong clock position.

·
Trail Tech Fab
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
We are trying to keep TH-350 and TH-400 versions to figure 8 205's in stock. We will have a few other configurations in stock as well. Hit me up with any questions.
Mike
Trail Tech Fab

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I have a buddy that might be needing a Th350/208 (tall foot stock replacement)adapter remade from good product. Shoot me a PM on cost and lead time please. Thanks

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
4l60e to figure 8 205
700r4 to figure 8....
just the case plates and tranny plates and spacers.......no need for the gussets or tranny mount plate...

quote shipped to...76137..texas pleas

·
bobbing for fries
1,879 Posts
Hi, looking for a 4l80 4x4 to ford 205, "factory" length ok. Thanks

·
Registered
183 Posts
If this has been answered im sorry but looking for a clocking ring for my 241 6bolt case. Im needing to clock it down. Thanks

61 - 80 of 431 Posts