Pirate 4x4 banner

4061 - 4080 of 4349 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,977 Posts
I cannot spill all the beans, but affordable aftermarket 1550 05+ Superduty 35 & 40 spline chromoly axle shafts are coming at the end of the year. The outers will accept factory vacuum seals and the inners will be available in custom lengths for custom housings like mine.
Can't say crap like that on Pirate........spill em or else :flipoff2:

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Are there significant quality differences between nitro, g2, SVL, and motive stuff....even ebay platinum torque....you can get a motive and SVl for 40-60% less prolly. Granted I trust eastcoastgearsupply....

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
I did the artec industries high steer kit. I chose theirs because the design had the most contact and welded surface area of all of them. One thing to note is that you will need a 10" ram to have 45 degree steering with it attached to the tierod. I haven't come across any reports of failures on these anywhere. I had 2 sets of knuckles tested with a pmi gun and these knuckles are cast steel, meaning they are easy to weld, which is probably why you aren't hearing of any failures.
jesse says on his site that for stock shafts you should run an 8", should you run 10" if mounted to the tie rod, Doing this now, most likely running 1550 shafts, and artec arms.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I did the artec industries high steer kit. I chose theirs because the design had the most contact and welded surface area of all of them. One thing to note is that you will need a 10" ram to have 45 degree steering with it attached to the tierod. I haven't come across any reports of failures on these anywhere. I had 2 sets of knuckles tested with a pmi gun and these knuckles are cast steel, meaning they are easy to weld, which is probably why you aren't hearing of any failures.
jesse says on his site that for stock shafts you should run an 8", should you run 10" if mounted to the tie rod, Doing this now, most likely running 1550 shafts, and artec arms.
On his website, he has the same description on the full hydro and crossover knuckles, which have have different lengths from the centerline of the balljoint. With my artec crossover kit, the tierod connection is 9" from the balljoint centerline and the draglink connection is 6.5"

·
hi-steer ninja
3,178 Posts
So.... way late to the party, and sorry if it has already been covered...

But what is everyone doing for OE equivalent or better tie rods for these Super Dana 60s?

My 2011 is just about due.

In the past I have going for Raybestos premium sealed units, but from what I can tell they are not making tie rods for this application yet.

Im all but done with Moog. Boots just do not seem to last.

Proforged???
Mevotech???
EMF has tie rod sets for 05-up superduty. We are a dealer for them and the new ball joints also. We have ball joints in stock for $550/set of 4 with tool kit.
If you want rebuildable billet tie rods, give is a ring or email..

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
EMF has tie rod sets for 05-up superduty. We are a dealer for them and the new ball joints also. We have ball joints in stock for $550/set of 4 with tool kit.
If you want rebuildable billet tie rods, give is a ring or email..
Do you sell all the emf brand parts?

·
hi-steer ninja
3,178 Posts
Yes, we are a stocking dealer for many EMF products as they have a lead time and they are in canada. We are trying to keep the more popular products in stock. We have Ford ball joint sets, gm tie rods, straight shank tie rods and 3/4x3/4 heims. All are billet and rebuildable. We have a comparison of the EMF vs dynatrac ball joints on our facebook page.
We dont have these products up on the website yet, just message or call in..

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Yes, we are a stocking dealer for many EMF products as they have a lead time and they are in canada. We are trying to keep the more popular products in stock. We have Ford ball joint sets, gm tie rods, straight shank tie rods and 3/4x3/4 heims. All are billet and rebuildable. We have a comparison of the EMF vs dynatrac ball joints on our facebook page.
We dont have these products up on the website yet, just message or call in..
Nice, that it's great to hear. I have a bunch of emf medium rod ends and tre's. They are very nice and worth the money, but their lead time was over 8 months for 6 rod ends and tres... hoping maybe going through you would speed that up a bit(i mean a lot! )

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
How stout are the stock '05+ lockouts....building up an axle, planning for 1550 shafts, 5.13 gear, spartan locker, full hydro with artec steering knuckle plates.

Should we plan for drive slugs too?

4061 - 4080 of 4349 Posts