Pirate 4x4 banner

4321 - 4340 of 4343 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
i got them. they didnt end up having a locker, but he was definitely right about the miles. all 4 disks had almost no ridge on them. got them for 1000

·
Registered
15,492 Posts
Factory locker is available for M275,

DRW uses the Dana M300, but wayy too large for a crawler application. Center section is massive.
does the m300 have a locker option?

not everyone is a crawler :flipoff2: im not looking to use one at the moment just curious is all

·
Registered
4 Posts
does the m300 have a locker option?

not everyone is a crawler :flipoff2: im not looking to use one at the moment just curious is all
No, no factory locker for the 300.

And the limited slip is just a typical trac-lok... , so it sucks.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Does anyone have any more info on the Ultimate Dana 60 hubs? I know they accept the old school (king pin) drive slugs. Does that mean its possible to turn them down to run a 5x5.5 bolt pattern, like you could with the old hubs? If so it'd be a great way to get a different bolt pattern with 1550 shafts. Or is anyone making different hubs for them?

UD60 hub pilot is 4.785" and most 5x5.5 wheels are 4.25". I know I can take some off the wheels, but not sure how much I can machine off the hubs.

I have found the bearing part numbers, but no info on diameters.

https://downtofab.com/collections/ultimate-dana-60-parts/products/spicer-10024007

Ultimate Dana 60 front inner and outer wheel bearing and race
Parts Included:
(1) inner bearing (Timken K387A made in USA!)
(1) inner race (Timken K382-S made in USA!)
(1) outer bearing (NTN 4T-LM104949 made in USA!)
(1) outer race (NTN 4T-LM104911 made in USA!)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Working on answering my own question. I have found out that the UD60 uses the exact same bearings and seals as the old 60 hubs. So now I am wondering if an aftermarket hub would work on the UD60 spindle. Like this https://solidaxle.com/collections/wheel-hubs/products/pair-of-forged-5-on-5-5-bolt-pattern-hubs-for-d60

1) inner bearing Spicer 706411X (NTN 4T-387A with 2.250" ID made in USA!!!) and race
(1) outer bearing Spicer 706074X (NTN 4T-LM104949 with 2.000" ID made in USA!!!) and race
(1) wheel hub seal Spicer 48816 (CR 27471 with 3.881" OD and 2.750" ID made in USA!!!)
So I emailed Dana Aftermarket trying to see if they would tell me the bearing separation, or if it was similar to an existing spindle design, ie GM/Dodge or Ford. Hoping that since it was from their builder program they would be will to share some info. However I was told " I can not give out dimensions to our proprietary axles." :rolleyes:

That being said, anyone have the dimensions on the UD60 spindles? Id hate to have to buy and possibly return just to grab a few dimensions.

·
Registered
15,492 Posts
Working on answering my own question. I have found out that the UD60 uses the exact same bearings and seals as the old 60 hubs. So now I am wondering if an aftermarket hub would work on the UD60 spindle. Like this https://solidaxle.com/collections/wheel-hubs/products/pair-of-forged-5-on-5-5-bolt-pattern-hubs-for-d60

So I emailed Dana Aftermarket trying to see if they would tell me the bearing separation, or if it was similar to an existing spindle design, ie GM/Dodge or Ford. Hoping that since it was from their builder program they would be will to share some info. However I was told " I can not give out dimensions to our proprietary axles." :rolleyes:

That being said, anyone have the dimensions on the UD60 spindles? Id hate to have to buy and possibly return just to grab a few dimensions.
no actual numbers but from comparing pictures of a UD 60 spindle to a gm d60 spindle the bearing spread looks to be farther apart on the gm compared to the UD

https://www.danaaftermarket.com/spicer-automotive/automotive-axle/spindle-assembly/part/disc-brake-spindle-set-and-hardware-kit/10024010

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQe8jRYea_WpQndLbKPSPj0JkPsRIpDwqCD7dEI6KpVrFMVmGY_FSmuO1RQtvLmpFm1T_Cyk0VT&usqp=CAE

·
Premium Member
19,797 Posts
So what's the best way to convert and 05+ DRW to 8 on 6.5?
Drill the unit bearings, run older 8 on 6.5 spacers? (do they fit?)
Drill the super duty spacer?
other?

·
Registered
6,985 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,797 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
It does look that way and best I can find online the stub shaft for the GM 60 is ~12 and the UD60 is ~10.75. I think that is close enough to be able to make it up in the lathe, by moving where the inner race sits and shortening the distance between inner race and seal. But without parts in hand its hard to say. Hopefully someone will chime in with some real numbers.

·
Premium Member
19,797 Posts
I need to keep the axle DRW as it's going under a motorhome.
The other option would be to just run a SRW front end with normal tire, but I don't want to carry 2 spares.
I don't want to swap the rear axle on the motorhome either to metric.
Another suggestion was to just use a SRW front axle and buy wheel spacers from 8 on 170 to 8 on 8.5 as the idea is I want to grow the width.
So how big the DRW adapter?

·
P.B.A.
4,328 Posts
No they didn't. Both the 4x4 and the 2wd used DRW specific hubs.
Sorry I asked my buddy. It was a centurian conversion. 1994 they swapped in PowerStroke stuff and put dually adapters j front and rear. Must have been a rich guy.

I assumed it was factory so did he then he found centurian tag later he said.

But he sold the truck but has the spacers still.

4321 - 4340 of 4343 Posts