Pirate 4x4 banner

4341 - 4349 of 4349 Posts

·
bobbing for fries
1,884 Posts
So what's the best way to convert and 05+ DRW to 8 on 6.5?
Drill the unit bearings, run older 8 on 6.5 spacers? (do they fit?)
Drill the super duty spacer?
other?

I have one set aside for my DRW C3500. The Fords are 8 on 200mm, no way to make them 8 on 6.5 easily, the wheel bore is smaller than the center hole in the adapter. I plan on running steel adapters in the rear for the time being, and Ford 19.5s

Since it is a motorhome would a Dodge axle work better? I think they are still 8 on 6.5

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
Mmhmmm...yeah...that doesn’t make me feel any better... I have two sets of 8x170 wheels

·
Registered
22 Posts
A little late to the party, but I drilled the factory rotors at the same time the unit bearings were done, to 8x6.5. To me, that was just as easy as punching 3/4” holes in the rotor.
Any more pictures? What fabricated housing is that? It seems to have a removable third member like a Ford 9" or Torq 14-bolt.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Any more pictures? What fabricated housing is that? It seems to have a removable third member like a Ford 9" or Torq 14-bolt.
I do. There are a lot posted throughout this thread and I also posted a build thread.

Hope that link works, but this board is pretty fubar’d lately. To answer your next question, it’s a Currie F9 rear race housing that has been used for a front axle, it has a spooled MegaHi9 in it and Ouverson shafts. The bottom was plated with AR500 and it is running a 2.5”x10” ram. It turns on four lower XRF BJ’s.

4341 - 4349 of 4349 Posts