Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife is shopping for a new SUV. It has come down to (at the moment of this posting), the Xterra, Liberty, Wrangler Unlimited, Sorrento, & XL-7. I much prefer the Unlimited over the Liberty, but I need some ammo to persuade her in that direction. Or if I am off base about the Liberty (ie: read future off-road project) then let me know that as well. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
279 Posts
The liberty is a piece of shit.. Tell her she can handle the repair bills that'l fend her off.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
THIS IS NOT AN SUV FORUM, IT'S ALL ABOUT JEEPS! BIG FAWKIN' DIFFERENCE; & THIS ENTIRE BB IS FOR 'EXTREME ROCKCRAWLING' NOT A PUSSIFIED 'OFF-ROAD PROJECT' W/ ANY OF THE VEHICLES YOU MENTIONED. I don't care if it's for your wife or not, that includes "the Xterra, Liberty, Wrangler Unlimited, Sorrento, & XL-7". Wait you say, a Liberty is a Jeep as is an Unlimited...yea your right but neither is ready for 'EXTREME ROCKCRAWLING' w/o heavy modifications. so, please take this crap somewhere else.

sorry to take it out on you but I've officially had enough of this touchy-feely crap in the Jeep forum. it's time to get dirty again, horsemen.....mount up.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
P&T Jeeps said:
THIS IS NOT AN SUV FORUM, IT'S ALL ABOUT JEEPS! BIG FAWKIN' DIFFERENCE; & THIS ENTIRE BB IS FOR 'EXTREME ROCKCRAWLING' NOT A PUSSIFIED 'OFF-ROAD PROJECT' W/ ANY OF THE VEHICLES YOU MENTIONED. I don't care if it's for your wife or not, that includes "the Xterra, Liberty, Wrangler Unlimited, Sorrento, & XL-7". Wait you say, a Liberty is a Jeep as is an Unlimited...yea your right but neither is ready for 'EXTREME ROCKCRAWLING' w/o heavy modifications. so, please take this crap somewhere else.

sorry to take it out on you but I've officially had enough of this touchy-feely crap in the Jeep forum. it's time to get dirty again, horsemen.....mount up.
Thats fine,... :flipoff2: I actually agree with you,... :D that's why for REAL off-roading & Extreme rock-crawling, I own a SUZUKI SAMURAI!!! :nuke:

·
I LOOOVE ROCKS!
1,608 Posts
The only one of those choices worth a fawk is the Unlimited. It's the only one with proper solid axles front and rear. I still haven't figured out what the point is of designing a "4x4" if you're not going to give it solid axles, because without them, the vehicle is nothing but a street oriented car. (There are a few notable exceptions, such as the Pinzgauer and HMMWV, but neither of those are on your wife's list.) The only reason I could think of for suggesting anything but the Unlimited (which should really be called the Scrambler) and specifically the Rubicon edition with a proper set of t-case gears and diff locks would be if you were planning to ditch the other choices' independent suspension in the interest of swapping a solid axle underneath.

Otherwise, if what you're planning to use the vehicle for is street or dirt-road use, get a fawkin' Subaru. It'll perform better, ride better, and use less fuel than any of the other retarded choices. I'd rather 'wheel an Outback or Forester than a fawkin' Liberty. And the other vehicles listed have zero off-road potential without a complete rebuild.

·
Premium Member
3,721 Posts
RockMolester said:
...............suggesting anything but the Unlimited (which should really be called the Scrambler...............

I wonder can we really call the Unlimited a scrambler or does it more closely resemble a CJ6. Rear set axle minimal reear overhang when compared to a scrambler overhang. :rolleyes: Just a thought

1 - 10 of 10 Posts