Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently rebuilt my dana 44 and I was wondering if I needed inner axle seals? When I took it apart there was no seals so I assumed when rebuilding it I didn't need them. But after looking im not sure how my wheel bearings will get oiled because the fill plug is below the axle tube and once I filled it up, I took out the axle shafts and its not leaking oil. Should I install inner seals and grease the wheel bearings? Or will driving it slosh the liquid around enough to oil the bearings?

·
blatant asshole
11,837 Posts
Is your pinion rolled way up for a driveline cv or big lift?

Prob best off finding a ford hp diffcover or a $ one from ruff stuff with a high plug. They are oil fed and dont have a inner seal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is your pinion rolled way up for a driveline cv or big lift?

Prob best off finding a ford hp diffcover or a $ one from ruff stuff with a high plug. They are oil fed and dont have a inner seal.
I do have a 6 inch lift, that would make sense. I was thinking of tapping a new fill plug but thats ghetto. Will probably just take it off the jeep to fill it up for now until I can place a new cover. Thanks so much for the help been scratching my head over this for quite a while!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts