Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some chromoly inner axle shafts for a front axle from a '78 F-250, Dana 44, 30 splines. I don't have the length measurement since it's my daily driver and I don't want to take it apart till I get replacements.

Anyone manufacture such a thing?

I've been looking for the past few days and here's what I got so far:
Superior - No
Longfield - No
Yukon - Stock replacements
Alloy - I have a quote but based on the price they're probably stock replacements as well.
Moser - Emailed them this afternoon

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Buddy just bought some Alloy USA shafts for his 78 F250 D44. He bought them from a vendor here(machinewave I think). He likes them so far.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I ordered mine from Dutchman, domestic alloys, cost about $650 for two inners & two outers.

I looked but can't find the original order form with dimensions, so I suck.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
theydontstop said:
Buddy just bought some Alloy USA shafts for his 78 F250 D44. He bought them from a vendor here(machinewave I think). He likes them so far.
That's actually who I've been messaging and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get the Alloys from him.

They won't be here for a few weeks so I want to go to the junkyard and get some temporary replacements so I can wheel this weekend. Can anyone tell me what other trucks will have the same short inner? The outer is fine for now.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I forget which side, but one side of the F250 D44's is the same as the F150's, but the other side is only found in an F250.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
theydontstop said:
I forget which side, but one side of the F250 D44's is the same as the F150's, but the other side is only found in an F250.
The short shaft you talk of is 0.29" longer for a 1/2 ton. Not the same, but good enough for a trail swap...
Also, the F250 inner axles also match the SuperCab 1.2 tons of the late 70's.

Axle shaft chart link

1 - 10 of 10 Posts