Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, recently got into a huge wreck and redid my suspension from a 4 link to a long arm 3 link. Anyways hot the Jeep back up and running and noticed that after I did a fluid exchange on my front diff that I was leaking a ton of oil out of my passenger side axle seal. I talked to chase from ECGS and he wants me to trailer it to them so they can do the install. They claimed the locker is tricky to get in and out. Does an air locker complicate an inner seal job that much?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi guys, recently got into a huge wreck and redid my suspension from a 4 link to a long arm 3 link. Anyways hot the Jeep back up and running and noticed that after I did a fluid exchange on my front diff that I was leaking a ton of oil out of my passenger side axle seal. I talked to chase from ECGS and he wants me to trailer it to them so they can do the install. They claimed the locker is tricky to get in and out. Does an air locker complicate an inner seal job that much?
It is a pretty extensive repair in general. It is not hard to do, but will take a few hours. During the repair, you basically have to remove everything from the housing including the center chunk and the arb hose. If you can build a 3 link front, you should be able to change the inner seal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts