Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can all of the computer harnes be removed without affecting the neccsities like the alternator,lights,A/C,ignition system?
Who makes the best motormounts? Normaly I would fab them myself but i have to get this done quick its my daily driver and driving my trail truck to work is getting old.

·
Broke Bastard
4,117 Posts
I wouldnt pull ANYTHING out until you have the new motor running. Then pull out whatever isnt hooked up.

Motor mounts are EASY to make. Just copy Advance Adapters design. AA are about $150 for $10 of materials. Save your money and build some yourself.

What year engine are you gonna run? Carb, TBI, EFI?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Originally posted by Crash Jones:
<STRONG>Can all of the computer harnes be removed without affecting the neccsities like the alternator,lights,A/C,ignition system?
Who makes the best motormounts? Normaly I would fab them myself but i have to get this done quick its my daily driver and driving my trail truck to work is getting old.</STRONG>

youre gonna have to hold on to some of the computer wiring. I was able to pull most of it out of my 88 but you need to know what you are doing or youre screwed!
so I too would leave the stuff till your up and running then check it out!
I built my own motor mounts too, took me way less time and a lot lest money than ordering some highdollar ones!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Definitely build your own mounts. I was told by other's to buy the mounts from nwor and did and am totally unsatisfied. I'd never reccommend 'em, especially after the terrible customer service nd the fact they jacked the price on me!

·
Registered
127 Posts
does anyone have pics of the motor mounts or designs for them? need to swap in a ford v8 302 into a 84 toyota 4x4. need to do this as soon as possible so i can put the cab back on the frame.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts