Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing all the rumors and speculation I decided someone should email Interco and find out what is happening, so I have. Here is the reply I received today:

Here is the story. A factory in Ohio by the name of Denman Tire Corporation has shut down and Denman was a major supplier of some of our tires. Denman also manufactured other tires of various brands that will also be affected. We anticipated something like this could happen someday so we diversify our production. It takes time to move equipment out of one factory to another but we have already started the process. We will experience shortages of some sizes and types but this will be temporary.

This factory has been caught up in the difficult economic situation the country is experiencing but everything at Interco is OK.

I sincerely appreciate your inquiry and welcome any future inquiries so we can keep the record straight. Since this news broke we have been humbled by the hundreds of phone calls and emails we have received from very concerned off-roaders and dealers.

Best wishes,

KATIE LECKELT
INTERCO TIRE CORPORATION
2412 ABBEVILLE HWY
RAYNE, LA 70578
WWW.INTERCOTIRE.COM

·
Registered
60,207 Posts
AT the swapmeet this weekend, 4WP had a notice up about SS.

Basically what is in the system is dwindling and it's looking to be about 6 months before the supply lines start moving again.

·
Registered
211 Posts
AT the swapmeet this weekend, 4WP had a notice up about SS.

Basically what is in the system is dwindling and it's looking to be about 6 months before the supply lines start moving again.
Oh thank goodness I just bought mine a few months back. They should last longer than 6 months, hopefully. :grinpimp:

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts
Glad I switched to BFG:D

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Just wondering if anybody really expects any company to reply with a "yeah were going under blah blah blah" letter? It would be a shame for a tire line like Interco to go under but they would not be the only long standing company to go under these days. I hope the reply is true and not corperate tailspin control.

·
Registered
34 Posts
isn't denman owned by interco? actually i'm sure there is an inverstment company called interco investments llc in rayne la that owns a sizeable percentage of denman, maybe the rep could clear this up because if you look at denmans owners interco investments is there.

·
Registered
9,282 Posts
Glad they put that rumor to rest.

Now if only they could convince their customers. My wholesaler won't commit to anything if he doesn't have it in stock. :shaking:

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Big is beautiful man!
Don't show your ignorance :flipoff2:

Lara
agreed. I have spoke with Katie a few times, and she has been way cool and professional each time. judging by looks is for 7th graders.....

·
Registered
34 Posts
interco and denman are very closely connected if nothing else and this is a huge hit for interco no matter how you spin it, with that said, i wouldn't worry too much about intercos future, the guidry family are very close personal friends, and probably the smartest people you will meet, the problem is going to be the backorder, people don't like to wait in this industry. if you blow one you can't wait 8 mths for a new tire, thats the problem. This to me is the worst thing that could have happened to the off road industry as a whole. if you noticed i don't think mickey thompson, which is the owner and marketer for dick cepek among others, is not in production for a tire over 35 inches. I think they were built in the denman plant. So thats probably what katie was talking about with other brands. For those who didn't know denman is a plant in ohio where large non-radial tires were built, i.e. mine tires,trailer tires, grader tires, super swamper tires. super swamper tires were what they mostly built. So this is bad for everyone and our economy as a whole, and it comes down to our president making a dope deal with the union about health care and in return imposing a 35% hike on tires coming from china. Which is stupid because china owns our debt so why piss them off? Remember this at election time.
hope this helps

1 - 20 of 30 Posts