Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm nearing completion on my build-up, and am now shopping for new tires. I really like the look of the SS TSL's, but have never run them. My rig will be mainly in the rocks, and see some time on the street. Is there a better 38x12.5x15 tire that I should be looking at? Any complaints from TSL users? Thanks. BTW, I did search and nearly every post was a classified ad, no reviews or opinions could be found.

Side note: What is the best way to try to balance a tire of this size? I seen posts saying that they have added air-soft BB's and other things. What's best?

·
nice roach.
5,739 Posts
tsl or tsl sx will be good tire for ya... just dont expect them to drive like a radial street tread. my 36" tsl sx's work well but dont drive great, ive got a set of 35" bfg mts to drive around on.

·
Premium Member
40,287 Posts
Great tire choice IMO, though I'm a mud guy so take that for what it's worth. Originally stamped 13X37 up until about 1985, the 38X12.50/15 TSL will measure right at 36.0" measured horizontally at trail pressures, on a rig, on just about any rim width from 7-10". 36's "grow" more with narrow rims due to the 8-ply sidewall, but even on narrow rims are a bit shorter. BTW, for whatever reason, the 16.5" version of the 38 is 1/2-3/4" taller than the 15" version.

TEX

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great tire choice IMO, though I'm a mud guy so take that for what it's worth. Originally stamped 13X37 up until about 1985, the 38X12.50/15 TSL will measure right at 36.0" measured horizontally at trail pressures, on a rig, on just about any rim width from 7-10". 36's "grow" more with narrow rims due to the 8-ply sidewall, but even on narrow rims are a bit shorter. BTW, for whatever reason, the 16.5" version of the 38 is 1/2-3/4" taller than the 15" version.

TEX
http://www.intercotire.com/site33.php

Interco's website says 37.8". :confused:

·
Registered
582 Posts
I run TSL Q78's

One of the best tires I have had yet. I have found running them at about 3.5-4 psi on the trail gets the best performance out of them on rock. as for on the street, in two years mine have travels app 300 miles on the street, with 10oz of air soft BB's in them, they were great on the highway. they do flat spot terribly just from sitting over night, takes about 2-3 miles to true up.

·
Registered
929 Posts

TEX

Don't only read 1/2 of what he said.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts